Peeaway, Does It Works?

Guest Beernardo

Not sure, its sounds like it encapsulates the odor for a period of time.

I use a product that uses an enzyme to break down the urine!

I've heard that solvents can make accidents worse because they contain ammonia which may attract pets to that area again.

Give Natures Miracle a try!

Nature's Miracle works for a lot of people, but didn't for me. It involved a wet spot for days that just drove me crazy...and it never really got the odor out. :(

There may be newer things in the 15 years or so since I've needed much pee clean up solution...the dog door pretty much took care of that and Spot Shot has worked well on small marking incidents when we've had a foster.

gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

Check out the powder at www.planeturine.com

It's awesome stuff!

You blot up as much pee as you can, then you pretreat with a light mist of some spray stuff they give you, and rub in the powder and let it all dry. It sucks the urine into the powder, unlike liquid treatments which actually spread the urine and even soak it into your carpet padding (unless you have special pet carpet padding like me, that doesn't absorb liquid!).

The powder stuff is so awesome my realtor told me to not bother having my carpet cleaned when I was selling my condo. Little did she know George had peed a LAKE of dark orange, stinky urine on that carpet that even a full gallon of Nature's Miracle would not get out. The powder got completely rid of both the stain and the smell!

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Nature's Miracle is pretty much one of the only cleaners that breaks down the urine enzymes. However, (like the other posters), I hated having to pour such a large amount on the floor and wait days for it to dry. Even though I used Nature's Miracle religiously and steam cleaned our carpets several times a year, they still smelled and looked horrible when we finally ripped them up. I like the idea of the powder.