Curious

Guest poofmagk

Guest poofmagk

When we adopted our male he had quite a few scars, and during his time with us I've noticed that he often has small wounds on his legs that are healing. Our female has no significant scars, and rarely any wounds. Just wondering if some greyhounds genetically have thinner skin than others, or would that difference be more accountable to levels of play?

Levels of play, I think, and where they play. And where they pee may be part of it. If your girl squats daintily in the grass, but your boy raises his leg to try to pee into bushes, then he'll be scraping his leg against the bushes, maybe losing his balance and falling part-way into the bushes, etc. But which one runs the most, runs through brush the most, etc., can influence which one gets the most scrapes and scratches.

Not to mention the klutz factor. (My boy has been known to run into trees. And walls.)

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

If he runs and plays in the yard, he could be interfering, scraping his legs with his nails. :)

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****