In True Littermate Style

JoJo207

both of my pups have injured the same paw.

First we have Brooke. It all began as a limp during a playgroup. The next morning one of her toes was HUGE! Off to the e-vet we go. Luckily nothing was broken, so we guess she just jammed it while running like a looney bird. A few days later he toe starts twisting 90 degrees so that she walks on its side. Very gross and very unnerving. Our regular vet managed to find a spot for us in yesterday's schedule to have a look. Vet says it looked as if she had torn a tendon/ligement in her toe. Today she has surgery on her toe. Things went very well. Vet told me how he was very impressed with her ability to completely tear up the inside of her toe. She was one clip away from what they do in a toe amputation. She will be weeks in a splint, but it should heel fine. I'll bet she'll be totally frustrated about being confined to a leash and show walks within a few days.

photobucket-33906-1353455157418.jpg

On to her brother Rex. Not to be out done by his sister he managed to get his hind foot under our chainlink fence and peel most of the skin off his foot and down his toes. Naturally he did this on a Saturday, so off to the e-vet. Yay my second e-vet visit in 6 days. They manage to pull up and stitch up his foot. We took the bandage off today at the vet's office and it seems to be heeling well. It was a tad gunky, but I guess that's to be expected in a wound like this. We'll go back at the beginning of next week for another bandage change. Think I've now won the Worst Mom Ever crown. At this point 3 out of 4 of my children are broken, my son broke his finger in football practice a few weeks ago. Only my cat seems to be in one piece.

photobucket-12525-1353455170495.jpg

It's been a very expensive few weeks. Topped off with needing new snow tires for my car yesterday. If I didn't laugh I'd cry about it all. Just going to be thankful that everyone will heel.

JoAnne, Instagram username mizhunie.

Brooke - Runnin Gamble
Trixie - 7 lbs of furry kitty love

Tucker - WW Charlie Sheen
Elmo - RIP buddy 3/16/12 (miss you so much!) Rex - Four Wheeler 4/18/17 (RIP buddy)

Just going to be thankful that everyone will heel.

Under ordinary circumstances, I wouldn't think of pointing out a typo, but this one is priceless: They'll heal, but I'm not so sure about the "heel" business. ;)

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Guest greysmitten

Under ordinary circumstances, I wouldn't think of pointing out a typo, but this one is priceless: They'll heal, but I'm not so sure about the "heel" business. ;)

Hehe :)

Speedy recovery, everyone!

So sorry all of you are going through this. Hoping everyone gets better quick!

june

ps you must live up north. I haven't heard anyone talk about "snow tires" since I moved from Minnesota to Central Illinois.

HAHAHAHAHA! Good call. They both walk well on lead, but I definitely wouldn't think of it has "heeling".

Ah-just saw your pics on Instagram and wondered what had happened. When it rains it pours--let's hope that's it for awhile :-)

Yeah. I posted them on Instagram then thought maybe some background may be nice.

JoAnne, Instagram username mizhunie.

Brooke - Runnin Gamble
Trixie - 7 lbs of furry kitty love

Tucker - WW Charlie Sheen
Elmo - RIP buddy 3/16/12 (miss you so much!) Rex - Four Wheeler 4/18/17 (RIP buddy)

Hope everyone feels better soon and stays healthy.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Another IG'er here who wondered what happened. You're certainly not alone with foot injuries - so many wrapped up houndies there. Hope they both are feeling better soon.

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis