Food Grade Diatemaceous Earth

Has anyone use this with their dogs for worms? I needed to buy some for one of my sons who lives in an old apartment to use to kill bugs. it works great...dries them up . we used it with carpenter ants as well. this link discusses using it in food with animals. (as well as people). I was wondering if anyone had any experience with it? both of my dogs had to recently be treated for hookworms. my female is a major dirt eater. this article says it helps with that. Totally natural. I know it can be used to dust on the dog for fleas. I am checking with my vet.

http://wolfcreekranch1.tripod.com/diatomaceous_earth.html

Nixon was dusted with it before I brought him home.

I was also supposed to feed it to him for internal parasite control, which I did not do.

However, I am not a huge believer that it works, especially for hookworms....they're pretty persistant little critters!

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Guest Carstel

Yes yes yes!! The woman who runs that website is off her rocker, but it IS wonderful. Many of my dog friends have been using it for decades and have never had a problem. Several dog companies sell it, but you can also buy food grade at many mom and pop grocery stores. I wouldn't feel comfortable getting it off of Amazon.

It can also be sprinkled on window ledges, doorways, etc. to keep out ants, flies, and other bugs. As long as it isn't put down in areas where humans or dogs might breathe in a lot of particles.

I bought it from another web site..not from this woman. I bought it for my son who is battling various "invaders" in his old Brooklyn apt....works very good. While researching for that I discovered the suggested use for dogs. I am seeing the vet today and will discuss it with her. I am bringing in their follow up stool test today. thanks!

Works great to kill bugs around the house/in the garden and I know they use it in cattle feed sometimes here to help keep worms away. I wouldn't trust it to work full on for a worm infestation, but I think as a preventative or in combination with other treatments it could be beneficial, especially for a persistant problem. Also, I think it has trace minerals as well which could be good if your dog is eating dirt. I'm sure it will do no harm to try it if you use the correct dosage.