Moles

Guest AceyGrey

Guest AceyGrey

Hi guys,

Since the day I got Ace, he's had a few what I'd call moles on his tummy. They look pretty much like a human mole.

I check these every day for any kind of changes to size, shape or texture that may suggest these are cancerous.

I just wondered if these are a common thing?

And if anyone else's hounds have these?

Guest AceyGrey

My boys have nipples in the area of their privates.

Really?! So they might be nipples. Hmmmmm.

I'm going to try and get a picture to show you guys in order to determine if they are nipples.

Absolutely positive they aren't nipples. Unless nipples now appear in bizarre places like by his private parts.

Although that did make me laugh.

George has nipples down by his sheath.

You have to remember, they're basically in the same place on males as females, yet on the male, there is other plumbing in the way!

Having said that, George has lots of spots, freckles, moles, whatever. I don't worry about them a bit. Unless it starts to bleed or ooze, I wouldn't worry yourself over them.

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

My boys have nipples in the area of their privates.

Really?! So they might be nipples. Hmmmmm.

I'm going to try and get a picture to show you guys in order to determine if they are nipples.

Are the spots on your boy symmetrical (or close to it)? If so, they are nipples.

Guest SparrowLake

Hi guys,

Since the day I got Ace, he's had a few what I'd call moles on his tummy. They look pretty much like a human mole.

I check these every day for any kind of changes to size, shape or texture that may suggest these are cancerous.

I just wondered if these are a common thing?

And if anyone else's hounds have these?

Actually, our Sparrow has a darker splotchy skin patch on her abdomen. Never gave melanoma a thought. I will also keep an eye on it.