Vetrimec 1%

Walliered

Has anyone used the brand name Vetrimec 1% before. A friend of mine buys it on Amazon.com for $34.00 and started his Golden Retriever on .3mg first month, .4mg second month and .5mg every month after that. He just puts it in her food. It costs $34.00 for 50ml. It is Ivermectin and controls Heart Worms, Roundworms, Grubs, Lice and Mange Mites. There is a rescue agency in Savannah that also uses it on their dogs. I am very interested because of the price.

That's what we paid for our last 50ml bottle of liquid Ivermectin (Ivomech) from Tractor Supply. We've been using it for years. Many of our group, especially with multiple dogs, use it. One bottle for three dogs lasts a couple years. Our vet supports it.

Same as Dean said, the grey farms around here use Ivomec. You only need to be sure to get plain version for cattle, there is a version that is also used for swine has other meds in it that the dogs can't have. I've used it since the 90s with no problems & my vet is ok with it too.