K9 Advantix® Ii

Guest iMrCrumbs

I use the K9 Advantix -- I switched to it SOLELY because of all our trips into the US and into tick areas. I don't like that I also have to use Heartguard with it, I prefer it to be all in one. But that's just me being lazy :). If you don't have ticks, why not Revolution? Or Advantage Multi (I've never used Advantage Multi, just regular Advantage but it sounds the same as Revolution). Or regular Advantage with Heartguard?

Edited by OwnedBySummer

SummerGreytalkSignatureResized-1.jpg

Lisa B.

My beautiful Summer - to her forever home May 1, 2010 Summer

Certified therapy dog team with St. John Ambulance

One of my dogs, John E, had a bad reaction to it. I haven't used it since.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I use the K9 Advantix -- I switched to it SOLELY because of all our trips into the US and into tick areas. I don't like that I also have to use Heartguard with it, I prefer it to be all in one.

I'm the opposite - I'd rather use HW year around and flea/tick as needed.

Edited by Hubcitypam
gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

Guest iMrCrumbs

I haven't seen any ticks this year myself and really haven't seen much of a flea problem.. he seems to be ok right now.. I put it on last night... i do hate the greasy spot in his fur lol.. I can't win for losing when it comes to his fur.. his coat is like half beautiful and half terrible. its only been seen he was sick and had a reaction to the antibiotics... but I was i could do something to make his fur beautiful all over...

I must be old school, I don't like permethrin either. We use Trifexis for everything but ticks. It's a pill and there is no mess on the neck. When we are in tick season I use a tick collar.

Colleen with Covey (Admirals Cove) and Rally (greyhound puppy)
Missing my beloved boy INU (CJ Whistlindixie) my sweetest princess SALEM (CJ Little Dixie) and my baby girl ZOE (LR's Tara)

We're switching to this for tick season. I don't like that it needs to be applied fortnightly and I'm going to have to see how it goes with Paige who tends to be sensitive. But better than paralysis tick....

Fortnightly? This means every two weeks, right? It's not applied every two weeks -- it's a monthly thing.

No issues but does leave their back nice and 'greasy' for a few days. Ticks are terrible this year. Id stick with tick medicine if your vet recommends it.

I discovered, through sheer trial and error, that the more application areas you have, the less "greasy" the back becomes. So now I apply all the way along in as many spots as I can manage. And I mean lots -- like 10 or even more. It really helps.

Lisa B.

Guest team_tonio

I discovered, through sheer trial and error, that the more application areas you have, the less "greasy" the back becomes. So now I apply all the way along in as many spots as I can manage. And I mean lots -- like 10 or even more. It really helps.

Thanks for the tip! We just switched from Frontline to Advantix.. I did maybe 5 or 6 spots so I'll shoot for more the next application. :)

We're switching to this for tick season. I don't like that it needs to be applied fortnightly and I'm going to have to see how it goes with Paige who tends to be sensitive. But better than paralysis tick....

Fortnightly? This means every two weeks, right? It's not applied every two weeks -- it's a monthly thing.

Not here in Australia. For fleas and some ticks, yes monthly. For paralysis tick it's effective only fortnightly (2 weekly). We have a different brand here so perhaps it is different?

Not here in Australia. For fleas and some ticks, yes monthly. For paralysis tick it's effective only fortnightly (2 weekly). We have a different brand here so perhaps it is different?

Wow, that must be some kind of tick! I had to google it and learned it's an Australian beastie. Nasty thing!

Lisa B.