Protein In Urine, Translating Measurements

macoduck

Harold's recent in-house urinalysis came back with a protein of 500 mg/dl. How does that correspond to the 1+ or 2+ measurement I'm used to seeing?

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

In our laboratory 1+ is 30 mg/dL, 2+ is 100 mg/dL and 3+ is 500 (or more) mg/dL

Maureen, Sean, Molly (Garnett Madonna) and Sully (Starz Top Style)

gallery_1382_2909_6961.jpg

Visit LongDog Leather Works for adjustable leather martingales, wrap around leather tag bags, breakaway tag necklaces and cool leather people gear. Check out our Etsy store!

More importantly --what was his UPC?

Didn't get it.

This morning I brought in a fresh urine catch and a letter describing Harold's predicament (see previous thread about Harold).

It can be hard to catch the vets as this busy clinic so the clerk ordered a basic in-house test <_< rather than the full urinalysis that would need to be sent out.

pH was 6.0

LEU neg

PRO 500mg/dl

GLU neg

KET neg

BIL neg

S.G. 1.014

sediment- WBC's : 4 hpf and cocci mild

Harold is now on Clamavox. I am to check with the vet on Friday to see if we'll do a full workup and whether to continue the Clamavox.

So he may have a mild infection. His urine was rather dilute this morning but then he'd had to go out twice during the night. Plus there was a big puddle of pee on pad on his bed.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

They'd already gotten rid of it. I'll see how Harold fares this week and then do another full urinalysis.

Rather than run 2 threads on Harold, lets end this one and go over here:

http://forum.greytalk.com/index.php/topic/290079-dealing-with-end-stage-kidney-failure/page__st__20

Edited by macoduck

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest LindsaySF

When I first got Andy he had 3+ protein in his urine. We never did figure out why. They didn't have enough urine left for a UPC so I went back with another sample. I'll go check out your other thread too. Good luck.

Edited by LindsaySF