Rough 3 Wks For Rousty

Guest westexhound

So very happy to hear that the tumor was not cancer. That is a fabulous phone call to get.

Depending on where you are, the weather could also be draining him, even if he is inside in A/C.One of my science-y friends says it has to do with the weight/density of the air.

My girl went through the same surgery in December and she had me really worried the last couple of weeks because she has been sluggish. Lo and behold, the temps dropped Saturday and part of Sunday and she was herself again. We've had to do "mommy and me" meals lately where I sit on the couch and hold her bowl, but, whatever it takes!

Guest westexhound

Well, we are in Texas so it is very hot here. You're right, I'm sure the heat is not helping.

Unfortunately, he was running a temp again this morning - 104.4

Vet changed his antibiotics today.

Now this afternoon his temp is good - 102 and he just ate! Chicken & rice!

Glad to hear your girl is doing good after that same surgery.

Edited by westexhound

Glad your boy ate today! Sending best thoughts that the new antibiotic does the job and he is back to himself soonest.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest westexhound

Rousty's temp was normal when we checked today but the eating leaves a lot to be desired. Not interested in dog food at all. Yesterday we got him to eat some chicken & rice. Today he wouldn't touch it. Finally late this afternoon we got him to nibble on some hamburger. Also picked up some DYNE today so we'll try that too.

Well wishes to your pups, Judy.

Continuing healing thoughts for Rousty and that his appetite returns soon.

Wanda, with the DC Racing Kids,

Eric ( DNT Finbarclancy )  6/29/14    Maggie ( DNT Oh Maggie ) 6/29/14

Lorraine ( DC Don't Rainonme ) 3/15/08 - 4/9/20 ---  Suzie ( DC Lazy Susan ) 3/12/06 - 9/4/18 --- Stormy ( DC Major Storm ) 11/29/99 - 1/21/12 ---- Andy ( Andy's Alibi ) 1/23/99 - 12/30/11