Cosequin Equine Vs Cosequin Ds

Has anyone used Cosequine Equine Concentrate (not the flavored powder) for their dogs instead of the Cosequin DS Capsules?

They seem to have pretty similar proportions of the same ingredients, but the equine powder is about half the cost for the daily dose I would give.

I've been using human glucosamine/chondroitin capsules and just emptying the contents in with her food, so using the powder would be just as easy (and easier then when I accidentally buy capsules and have to crush them into powder with a mortar and pestle.

Any thoughts?

Wendy with Twiggy, fosterless while Twiggy's fighting the good fight, and Donnie & Aiden the kitties

It's only cheaper if your not using it for a horse! :hehe I'm used to all horse stuff being insanely expensive.

Well you could try thinking of it the other way. Would the dog stuff be cheaper if you were buying enough for a horse. :D (I'm pushing my luck & tempting fate here since I have a horse.)

It's only cheaper if your not using it for a horse! :hehe I'm used to all horse stuff being insanely expensive.

:nod

No arguments. I have 5 horses here.

I switched from Cosequin to Recovery EQ.

I have seen such amazing results on the pony with bad hocks that I now have Nixon on it.

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Thanks for all the insight!

I'm definitely glad I'm not trying to dose a horse with this stuff!! :lol

And now I'm off to research Recovery EQ, too!

Wendy with Twiggy, fosterless while Twiggy's fighting the good fight, and Donnie & Aiden the kitties

The Recovery people 'may' make a canine version, but the horse stuff is more economical.

I believe it is more expensive than the Cosequin.

I had to get my Cosequin shipped in out of the US as it is insanely expensive up here...we can only get it from our vet and it is almost double the US price, even when you factor in high shipping rates.

The Recovery people said to feed dogs 1/4 tsp per 20 pounds.

Nixon gets 3/4 tsp daily. He's a smaller boy...just about 67 pounds.

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg