Long Time Canidae Users

Many years ago I fed Canidae, until they changed the receipe. My dogs didn't do well with the switch, orangey and looser stools. Many people seem to have the same issue at the time. I was on a program with them, MPR, but 5 bags and get one free.

So I ended up feeding ProPLan Sensitive Skin that I would buy at the vets. My dogs didn't really need this particluar formula but the vet also had a deal with their distributor, buy 5 bags and get 1 free. I found out that they will not be offering this program any more.

So I'm considering givng Canidae another try.

Has anyone had any issues with Canidae lately?

Did anyone who used to feed it, stopped when the receipe changed, then went back have any issues?

Willow( Hi Tech Popandgo ) CGC #31965 Calico Salad x MayPop 8-9-93/9-24-07 Austin( Nodak Austin ) #55202 Chrisse's Twelve x Lotsa Liz 2-25-96/2-15-05 Matt( Kelsos Metaphor ) #90695 Oswald Cobblepot x Kelso's Movita 8-10-00/2-28-14 Buddy (Aljo Class Act) #78137 Action By Design x Miss Classy 12-8-98/8-29-09 Sonny (Onaim Excalibur)#97927 Flying Train x Rough Diamond 9-7-01/1-9-2016Hunter (SS Snow Roll) #35135 Craigie Whistler x Lightning Snow 10-4-2005/9-23-17 Leo (Yolo Empleo)#72060 4-13-18 Fiesta Paraguas x Mega Bien Hecho

Hmmm. Not a long-time user, but now that you mention it -- a couple of observations. I recently brought in a senior mixed breed on a trial basis as a possible companion for my senior female grey. I had no idea what the family fed the dog (it was an owner surrender), so I initially offered him ProPlan Sensitive Skin and Stomach - but this dog doesn't seem to like fish. I went shopping and settled on Canidae -- and, yes indeed, his poop is a bit orangish at times.

Also, a few years ago I adopted a senior male grey who had been fed Canidae. I recall urine burn spots all over the lawn - which was never an issue with my other males. Now, I am noting the same urine burn spots from the mixed breed. Can't say for sure but I think that was why I switched the male grey to a different food -- and, poof!, no more burns spots on the lawn.

Well, I think I will try another food. Thanks for your post!

Edited by IndyandHollyluv

I used Canidae for years, then stopped when they changed the formula. I was disgusted with them already because they kept shrinking the bag size and increasing the price. Then the formula change came. Dogs were hungry all the time, they lost weight and had soft orange poop, their coats got dull and Tiny turned into a poop eater.

Never went back though, so can't say if things have improved.

Kristen with

Penguin (L the Penguin) Flying Penske x L Alysana

Costarring The Fabulous Felines: Squeak, Merlin, Bailey & Mystic

68sgSRq.jpg

Guest ashphobiax

i was on Canidae and then decided to do a higher protein feed and switched them, to this other food. anyway, turned out to be a horrible idea, and i went right back to Canidae, best idea ever my guys love it and havent had any problems on it.

Quiet Man ate Canidae both before and after the formula change for years and did very well on it. Ever since I've had sensitive stomach dogs and fed other brands, but I would definitely try Candidae again. I've always been very happy with them.

Forever in my heart: my girl Raspberry & my boys Quiet Man, Murphy, Ducky, Wylie & Theo
www.greyhoundadventures.org & www.greyhoundamberalert.org & www.duckypaws.com

I use to feed Canidae untill the changed the formula. The new stuff didn't agree with either of my hounds. So I switched them all over to Fromm's and then thing went back to normal.

Sarah, mom to Stella and Winston . And to Prince, Katie Z, Malone, Brooke, Freddie, Angel and Fast who are all waiting at the Bridge!

www.gpawisconsin.org