Help! Cannot Find Commercial Food That My Boy Can Handle

Guest redhare

Guest undergreysspell

My boy eats Wellness senior moistened with a little Science Diet mature beef stew. He also likes stews and this is the only one that doesn't effect his poops .

You're going to get a million different responses... but FWIW, my vote is for Iams green bag.

Can you get any of these foods mentioned above (Iams green bag or Nutro Venison Meal/Whole Brown Rice) in smaller kibble sizes?

Yep, get the plain old Iams "mini chunks."

Have you tried any beef based kibble?

What is that and where would I find it?

You need to read the labels! But I can tell you that Solid Gold's Mmillenium formula (spelling is weird...) is beef based and was the first food my dog did well on when he was newly adopted.

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Guest jenniferk

It's a good feeling because he has a habit of pooping on/in plants and cleaning loose stool from a shrub can be a nightmare.

I thought my boy was the only one who did this. He usually does it in the most inappropriate places with a lot of people around watching too.

Edited by jenniferk

most important, find a feed store w/ a great return policy! i've been going crazy, holistic select was sold, things changed- went to nutro- they revised all their food 1.5 years after i started serving that, it's now junk. i'm getting greyt stool & coat on blue seal lamb and rice but horrid breath and the dogs started loosing weight. so, i'm in the same boat right now. i've sorta given up on the lamb and rice, it was duck and oatmeal before that and prior to that venison(nature's variety). but the more exotic have just gone up way too much in price. canadie changed it's recipe along the way- used that a while ago. thumbs down for merrick lamb and rice(couldn't stay in the same room w/ the dogs) so sticking w/ the base food(have been w/ blue seal for 3 months) and trying to introduce fromm. i served it years ago (20) and i'll see what happens over the next 3 weeks. i sloooowly introduce a food- starting w/ 1/4c for a week, 1/3 c the next week, 1/2 c, then 50%-50%. my feed store gives me credit for any of the foods that i've tried, i usually don't make it to the 50%-50% mark. i'm considering sticking w/ 50% blue seal, basically good ingredients, really economical and my friends danes and greys do well on it. i am just looking for a tad more calories to keep them looking trim not starved.

btw, dh thought all of this was in my head until we were in the car and he nearly passed out. men!