Compiling A List Of Behaviorists In Ma

For the group I work with, I keep a list of greyhound-savy vets in our area for reference for new adopters or for people moving into our area. I'd like to add a list of behaviorists (to work with adopters on minor behavior issues). If you know and recommend any in Massachusetts that have experience working with greyhounds, please let me know the name and phone number or address.

Thanks.

Pat

We've worked with Kati Wrubel at Mass Vet Referral Hospital; see link for her contact info. She's not a greyhound expert per se, but she did her clinical training with Nick Dodman at Tufts where they see a fair number of greys. Most of the greys she sees in her practice are dealing with SA but she has a lot of experience with other behavior issues in non-greys. One thing we really liked about her is that she is extremely thorough - she spent almost 3 hrs with us for our "1 hour" evaluation appointment. She has also been very responsive re follow-up emails and phone calls.

Note that although she is very knowledgeable about canine medical issues, especially neuropharmacology, she's not a DVM so people will need to coordinate with their own vets for prescriptions/medical issues. Also AFAIK she doesn't make house calls.

Michele

gallery_21712_3317_21715.jpg
Merlin (Heathers Wizard), Mina (Where's Rebecca), and Mae the Galga - three crazy dogs in the house of M

Pat,

We used Petbehaviorproblems.com in Lexington. 8 Camelia Place, tel # 781-862-5060. They do home visits, office visits and telephone consults, as needed, and I think are best known for treating SA.

I felt we got a very competent assessment, a good plan, and reassuring advice. The follow-up was good too, and I think the weak spot in communcations, my only complaint, has been addressed. There are several people in the group, some with more grey experience than others. We were assigned a DVM with experience in Caesar's problem who wasn't an expert on greys but was very open to learning more about greyhounds. For us, the key to success was in combining the behaviorist's advice with a very good trainer and an excellent vet. We're still working on the issue, as you know, but there has been a lot of improvement.

Gillian
Caesar (Black Caesarfire) and Olly (Oregon) the Galgo

Still missing: Nell (spaniel mix) 1982-1997, Boudicca (JRT) 1986- 2004, and the greys P's Catwalk 2001-2008, Murphy Peabody (we failed fostering) 1998-2010 and Pilgrim (Blazing Leia) 2003-2016,

We used Petbehaviorproblems.com in Lexington. 8 Camelia Place, tel # 781-862-5060. They do home visits, office visits and telephone consults, as needed, and I think are best known for treating SA.

I believe this is the same one I used several years ago with Quiet Man. I don't remember the name of the actual Behaviorist we saw, but she was very good and we had both in-home and office visits, along with follow up phone call consultations.

Forever in my heart: my girl Raspberry & my boys Quiet Man, Murphy, Ducky, Wylie & Theo
www.greyhoundadventures.org & www.greyhoundamberalert.org & www.duckypaws.com