Where Other Foods Are Made

I sent some emails on brands I like and asked where their foods are made (forgot BilJac -- I'll have to check)

replies:

Dear Ms. Jackson,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding the Breeder's Choice line of products.

I am very happy to say that our products are produced at our own facility in Irwindale, California.

I hope this information has been helpful. If you have additional questions, please respond to this email. If you would like to speak by phone, I am available Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Central time. 1-866-500-6286.

Sincerely,

Erica

Consumer Response Representative

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Diane,

Thank you for e-mailing! Our products are all manufactured here in the U.S. – kibble in Texas through Pied Piper or CJ Foods in Kansas.

Sincerely,

Shannon

Consumer Relations

Nature's Variety

1-888-519-7387

www.naturesvariety.com

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Diane,

Thanks for your question, it’s a great one! Castor & Pollux is a relatively small company and since the cost of building our own facility would be prohibitive we use approved co-packers to produce food to our specifications. Our dry foods are made at CJ Foods, a certified organic facility in Kansas. Our canned foods are made by Simmons and Performance Pet, also certified organic producers.

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

Guest greyhound9797

If you subscribe to Whole Dog Journal (or visit their site and order a copy) you get their list of approved commercial dog foods. The article gives information on where the foods are produced. Actually, I think by law, they have to plainly state where the food is manufactured so each company's website should have that information. http://www.whole-dog-journal.com/

Sandra in FL

Corresponded with Solid Gold Health last week. Ttey stopped production at all Diamond facilities? Made their first batch of Hund n Flocken at Crosswinds plant in Kansas where Millenium Beef is made last week. I tell you one manufacturer that I don't recall ever having had a recall and that is Southern States. We always used SS brand commercially for the dairy farm, all farm animals including dogs, and "normal" horses(racehorses get Triple Crown which is sold by SS)) etc.and always found their feed to be of highest quality. They stand behind their feeds and are very proud of them....as well they should be. Plus their foods are very reasonably priced since they don't have all the advertising etc. the big guys do. I feed my hounds raw but plan on getting my farm dog some SS this Fri. I really believe it will at least be safe and not make him sick as like I said I don't believe they've ever had a recall that I can remember for pet food. I'm fixing to email them and ask them about where their pet food is manufactured right now.

Hill's (Science Diet and Prescription Diet) is made in the Hill's plant in Kansas -- in their own plant under the direct supervision of their own employees. Everything is very carefully sourced and checked and many outsiders have toured the plant and found it scrupulously clean. And except for a tiny number of foods in the huge 2007 incident they have had zero recall issues.

This is posted from them on their Facebook page with a lot more detail: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151134961508327&set=a.10150095138858327.313696.223700263326&type=1&theater

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad

Corresponded with Solid Gold Health last week. Ttey stopped production at all Diamond facilities? Made their first batch of Hund n Flocken at Crosswinds plant in Kansas where Millenium Beef is made last week. I tell you one manufacturer that I don't recall ever having had a recall and that is Southern States. We always used SS brand commercially for the dairy farm, all farm animals including dogs, and "normal" horses(racehorses get Triple Crown which is sold by SS)) etc.and always found their feed to be of highest quality. They stand behind their feeds and are very proud of them....as well they should be. Plus their foods are very reasonably priced since they don't have all the advertising etc. the big guys do. I feed my hounds raw but plan on getting my farm dog some SS this Fri. I really believe it will at least be safe and not make him sick as like I said I don't believe they've ever had a recall that I can remember for pet food. I'm fixing to email them and ask them about where their pet food is manufactured right now.

Just got back their reply:

"Thank you for your interest in Southern States. Our line of Southern States brand dog food includes Complete, Advanced, and Natural; none of which are produced by Diamond. Our manufacturing sites are located in the heart of the farming community where raw materials are produced. (St. Marys Ohio , Kansas City Kansas , and Owatonna Minnesota ) Our locations allow us to build long term relationships with local producers ensuring that only the highest quality, freshest ingredients go into the production of our foods. We hope you do switch to Southern States brand dog food- if you have any more questions feel free to contact us."

Edited by racindog