Is Turkey Ok If Sensitive To Chicken

Guest Celestrina

Guest Celestrina

Angie can't eat chicken, but I would like to give her a turkey neck once in a while. Would that be ok or would she possibly be sensitive to turkey too?

My Larry cannot eat chicken at all - allergic reaction if he does and it is a pretty fast & severe reaction. I can give him small amounts of turkey on very rare occasions and he will tolerate it but, his system will react if he gets too much or too frequently --- so, I just don't give it at all except a little bit at Thanksgiving.

Guest Celestrina

It gives her the big D. She once had a treat that had "poultry by-product" pretty far down on the ingredient list and within an hour she had the runs.

It gives her the big D. She once had a treat that had "poultry by-product" pretty far down on the ingredient list and within an hour she had the runs.

Sounds like my Larry!

Does the diarrhea go away by itself in a few days or do you need medical intervention? If it goes away by itself then you might just want to try and give a small slice of turkey breast (about a tablespoon) and see what happens in the next 24 hours. If you have no symptoms, then you could try just one knuckle of a neck bone and then see what happens in the next 24 hours and so on ....

With my Larry, he would be able to do the first tablespoon of turkey with no ill effects but by about the third or fourth day he would have diarrhea.

Guest Celestrina

Sounds like my Larry!

Does the diarrhea go away by itself in a few days or do you need medical intervention? If it goes away by itself then you might just want to try and give a small slice of turkey breast (about a tablespoon) and see what happens in the next 24 hours. If you have no symptoms, then you could try just one knuckle of a neck bone and then see what happens in the next 24 hours and so on ....

With my Larry, he would be able to do the first tablespoon of turkey with no ill effects but by about the third or fourth day he would have diarrhea.

We just give her a small amount of Imodium and she's fine. We usually have turkey around the house so we'll start there.

For us, the answer is yes, Ollie can't eat Chicken but Duck and turkey is OK.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project