Chicken Feet

Guest Greytluv

I bought some a few weeks ago. They've been in the freezer and I've been too nervous to feed him one. Hopefully they're still good because after reading this thread I think he'd love them!

They'll be fine in the freezer for months, no worries.

SummerGreytalkSignatureResized-1.jpg

Lisa B.

My beautiful Summer - to her forever home May 1, 2010 Summer

Certified therapy dog team with St. John Ambulance

Seamus is 80#. He has eaten four chikken feet in one sitting and begged looked for more.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I saw chicken feet at Food Lion last week and almost bought them. This thread is very timely. Now I can ask some questions. These were with the fresh chicken so I can only assume they were fairly fresh chicken feet. Do you just rinse them and that's it? How long will they stay in the fridge or is best to put the rest in the freezer? About how long does it take the average chicken foot eater to consume one? House pretty much inhales everything and then stalks the others!!!!

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

Guest Greytluv

If they don't eat them within a few days I would freeze them. It takes mine about 3 minutes to eat one. Some take longer than others.

I like to rinse, then freeze them. I lay them out in a bag in a single layer, freeze them and then combine them. Usually they don't freeze so they're all stuck together but if they do I just bang the whole batch on the edge of the counter till something breaks loose lol.gif

Mine have inhaled up to 6 in a day. f63.gif

Jody, Leah & Jimmie
Tavasci%2520august%2520sunset%2520%2528C
You left us much, much too soon Lima & Chip :brokenheart