Favorite Treats?

Guest 8fleetfeet

Guest 8fleetfeet

I'm usually pretty fussy about the food and treats I give my dogs, and I buy products that are made in the USA--at least until recently. A friend spoke very highly of Royal Natural Icelandic fish skin chews. I bought three bags from sitstay.com, and I've been very happy with them. They're high protein, high fiber, and they have EFAs. They have no additives or preservatives; they are simply dehydrated fish skin.

Another favorite treat, and one that helped keep my cancer dog nourished during chemo, is Dr. Harvey's Power Patties, which are small hockey pucks of freeze dried raw green tripe. Even the pickiest eaters seem to LOVE them.

Guest BrianRke

My 3 LOVE Chicken feet and Bully Sticks! If the Fish skin chews are made in Iceland I would have no problem with them. Where do you get them? I would love to get some for my hounds.

Guest aowam

Mine absolutely loves Milo's treats - the chicken jerky - and cottage cheese. He pilfered a whole chicken breast yesterday when my mom wasn't looking, but thats a different sort of treat

Guest Jacks_Human

I get Jack dried pig or cow ears, or beef knuckles. No additives, just dried meat. He also loves his mini dog biscuits-- they're organic, whitefish/tomato/rice.

Mine get dehydrated chicken (which I make myself) or dehydrated lamb lung from bestbullysticks.com, based here in Virginia. Once a week (usually Saturdays) they get a bully stick for their teeth.

Edited by vjgrey

Valerie w/ Cash (CashforClunkers) & Lucy (Racing School Dropout)
Missing our gorgeous Miss
Diamond (Shorty's Diamond), sweet boy Gabe (Zared) and Holly (ByGollyItsHolly), who never made it home.

Guest BrianRke

Mine absolutely loves Milo's treats - the chicken jerky - and cottage cheese. He pilfered a whole chicken breast yesterday when my mom wasn't looking, but thats a different sort of treat

OH NO! Those things are made in China and can make your dog very sick or even kill him.

Guest 8fleetfeet

My 3 LOVE Chicken feet and Bully Sticks! If the Fish skin chews are made in Iceland I would have no problem with them. Where do you get them? I would love to get some for my hounds.

I got the Icelandic fish skin chews from sitstay.com.

Where do you get chicken feet? I've only been able to find them a few times, and that was years ago. My dogs sure did love them, though.

Guest Angelique

Pizza Crust is big with the boys....

Here here! Another favorite are Checkups sold at Costco, i doubt they actually do anything for the teeth, but my boy ADORES them and even the picky little girl will beg and beg and beg for one.

Guest jbbuzby

My pups also love the checkups from Costco! If they hear me even accidentally rustle the bag, I'm instantly have two puppies and hungry, pleading eyes on me, followed by every behavior they know! Ha ha ha.

I will say that my pups also LOVE Lean Treats, but I recently almost had a heart attack when I found out they have propylene glycol in them (even if it is a small amount!). We will stick to Zuke's treats (more favorites) in the future, I think!

Guest aowam

I would not use those Milos chicken jerkey treats - they are on the recall list for jerkey made in China that is making dogs sick.

OH MY! really I did not know :( :( :( What do they put in it???

Guest BrianRke

I got the Icelandic fish skin chews from sitstay.com.

Where do you get chicken feet? I've only been able to find them a few times, and that was years ago. My dogs sure did love them, though.

I get them at Food Lion (in the sketchy part of town :huh the suburban stores dont have them) and they are really fresh! They can also be found at Asian markets but they are usually frozen and I am worried about their origin.

Guest NJgrey

I would not use those Milos chicken jerkey treats - they are on the recall list for jerkey made in China that is making dogs sick.

OH MY! really I did not know :( :( :( What do they put in it???

FYI: http://www.lifewithdogs.tv/2012/03/fda-report-reveals-3-worst-offenders-in-chicken-jerky-poisoning-cases/

I don't know if they've found out exactly what it is but it's causing kidney disease in a lot of dogs. Probably melamine again.

My advice is, throw those treats in the garbage ASAP. Don't buy anything that isn't made in the West without doing your homework first.

I second the Dr. Harvey's Power Patties, my girl LOVES them.

Guest Jacks_Human

Mine like pizza crust too, but unfortunately for them, thats my favorite part!

I make pizza from scratch, and I'm pretty sure my 'Very Hungry Caterpillar' Jack has a 6th sense for when I'm even contemplating making some pizza dough and parks himself outside the kitchen.