NeylasMom Posted February 27, 2012 Share Posted February 27, 2012 (edited) So if you read my earlier post you know I have this gut feeling that something has been off with Zuri, but I don't necessarily know what. A couple of people I think suggested testing for lyme so I decided to push up his annual a bit and get his bloodwork and snap test done this weekend. Snap test was negative for everything. I expect bloodwork back today, but don't expect anything to turn up there. The vet also did a fairly thorough examination for pain and couldn't find anything of note - said that his back felt good too, no snapping or popping as she went down it. I do think he's been better lately. Some of the stuff I was noticing hasn't been happening although the leg licking has been going on a bit again the last few days. I have an appointment with the orthopedist for mid-March, which was the earliest they could see us, so sometime between now and then I need to decide whether it's worth going or if we're going to drop nearly $350 for a consult and x-rays to find nothing, so here's my follow-up question: The vet suggested it could just be some arthritis starting. Not sure why I didn't really consider this, I think I just got focused on the possibility of LS. If it is, would it show up on x-rays? And where is it likely to be? We did x-ray that left foot and lower portion of his leg (that's where the dislocated toe was) and the x-rays were pretty much spotless, no signs of arthritis in that area at least. If it's not likely to show up on x-ray, and LS is difficult to dx with x-rays I'm thinking we wait to see the orthopedist until the symptoms are more obvious. I didn't really care for the vet we saw on Saturday (I stupidly forgot to specify that I only see the one vet), but I think she pretty much thought I was crazy. Zuri is 7 btw. Update: My vet, not the vet we saw on Saturday called me back with the blood work results. Everything was normal. She agreed that she didn't think TBD was likely here and felt it was worthwhile to get the x-rays done at VOSM to check for arthritis or other issues based on what I've been seeing. I'm feeling a lot better about sticking to this plan now that I've talked to her - it's the conversation I had hoped to have when I took Zuri in on Saturday and I'm really grateful she took the time to talk to me on the phone today even though we had seen the other vet. She also mentioned that we could try Body Sore, a chinese herb blend. I used it for Neyla and may have some leftover, but I think I'll wait until after the appt in March and I'm going to start keeping a journal to help keep track of what's going on. Edited February 27, 2012 by NeylasMom Quote Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart "The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong." Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.