Bloomer Has Kidney Stones

We found out today Bloomer has kidney stones. They have her some meds. Clavamox, and Deramaxx. They want us to visit another vet, get xrays done, and from there figure out if she'll need surgery.....

I just want to hear other ppls opinions, and experiences of kidney stones in greyhound.

The Fruitloop crew: Piper, Bloomer, Sirius Black the kitty cat, Goober, .....Insane human crew: Nikki, Chuckles, Jakob (ds), Naomi baby girl........... and Our Angel babies,, Betsy (Betsy Kiss), Momma Cat, Blue Fish, and Georgie the g-pig.

No ultrasound yet.

Our vet we go to is a small branch of a bigger clinic. So we need Togo to that clinic for all the high tech stuff lol.. love rural areas.

The Fruitloop crew: Piper, Bloomer, Sirius Black the kitty cat, Goober, .....Insane human crew: Nikki, Chuckles, Jakob (ds), Naomi baby girl........... and Our Angel babies,, Betsy (Betsy Kiss), Momma Cat, Blue Fish, and Georgie the g-pig.

We found out today Bloomer has kidney stones. They have her some meds. Clavamox, and Deramaxx. They want us to visit another vet, get xrays done, and from there figure out if she'll need surgery.....

How did they diagnose the kidney stones if x-rays haven't been done yet?

Jennifer &

Willow (Wilma Waggle), Wiki (Wiki Hard Ten), Carter (Let's Get It On),

Ollie (whippet), Gracie (whippet x), & Terra (whippet) + Just Saying + Just Alice

gtsig3.jpg

How did they diagnose the kidney stones if x-rays haven't been done yet?

Wondered this too-- perhaps the OP is confusing this with bladder stones or crystals in the urine?

Due to the signs n symptoms she is having, they are lead to believe she had kidney stones. Sorry I guess I should of clarified that in my op. We were in a hurry when I wrote it. We are scheduled for xrays later this week.

There are two types of kidneys stones. Only one shows up on conventional x-ray. You'll save money doing plain old x-rays if you get lucky and that's the kind of stones she has, but if not, you'll end up paying for both tests, and I'd be inclined to go straight to ultrasound.

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

There are two types of kidneys stones. Only one shows up on conventional x-ray. You'll save money doing plain old x-rays if you get lucky and that's the kind of stones she has, but if not, you'll end up paying for both tests, and I'd be inclined to go straight to ultrasound.

Thanks for the info.

Good news all her blood work came in. They are now leaning more towards bladder stones, we go in tomorrow for more tests.