Laser Treatment On Leg Muscles

Guest ramfis69

Yes, but what was your DX? My old boy had it in conjunction with a supposed iliopsoas strain. Turned out, he had a corn.

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Guest ramfis69

Yes, but what was your DX? My old boy had it in conjunction with a supposed iliopsoas strain. Turned out, he had a corn.

recuring racing injury. the theigh muscle is hardened and is putting stress on the ham string

my boy gets a cold laser treatment on his hips and back leg joints. it helps him get mobility back.

i'm lucky, my acupuncturist will do the treatment for only $10. so, without understanding why it works, i'm just glad it works!

lorinda, mom to the ever revolving door of Foster greyhounds

Always in my heart: Teala (LC Sweet Dream) , Pepton, Darbee-Do (Hey Barb) , Rascal (Abitta Rascal), Power (Beyond the Power), and the miracle boy LAZER (2/21/14), Spirit (Bitter Almonds) 8/14

As Rachel mentioned, I would think that massage with liniment would be more successful. How long has this been ongoing? Do your have a PT protocol in place?

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Guest ramfis69

As Rachel mentioned, I would think that massage with liniment would be more successful. How long has this been ongoing? Do your have a PT protocol in place?

yes, he's had 4 treatments and is scheduled for 2 more this week. the pt says it could take 4 to 5 weeks for results. right now he seems to be worse. the pt is in the orthopetics vets off ice and was refered by my regular vet

Nah, 4-5 weeks isn't necessarily excessive, depending on the injury, but if it's worse and you're not seeing at least incremental improvment, I agree with Rachel - you may want a second opinion. Did the orthopod evaluate him or did your vet just recommend PT? Have you had x-rays done?

Also, what other modalities is your PT using? Do you have exercises you should be doing at home? That's really important with PT. Are you doing PROMs?

Nube has had 4-5 cold laser treatments on his back paw, the one that swelled up so badly when we were in FL (took 10 days to go down all the way!). The x-ray shows something in the foot so our vet thought we would have to have surgery, but thankfully the laser treatments REALLY helped. It's no longer swollen and all the hair even grew back. I'd consider it a miracle.

our Chiro charged $35 per treatment, well worth the $$ :)

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway