Raw Behind

Guest verthib

He has never scooted on the floor, so could it still be his anal glands? I stay at the vet's office. Think I will ask her if I can buy stock in her company.

Full or irritated anal glands don't always cause scooting. My previous dog licked a lot. Worth bringing him to the vet.

He has never scooted on the floor, so could it still be his anal glands? I stay at the vet's office. Think I will ask her if I can buy stock in her company.

Full or irritated anal glands don't always cause scooting. My previous dog licked a lot. Worth bringing him to the vet.

:nod :nod

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

Opie will do this occasionally. Usually in conjunction with him eating grass. I figure he has a tummy upset. Usually we just wipe his butt with witch hazel wipes, and if it looks a bit swollen some Prep H on it. Of course if it didn't go away we would go to the vet, but it usually resolves in a day. I totally understand, having IBS myself, with its associated issues! :eek:lol

Mom to Toley (Astascocita Toley) DOB 1/12/09, and Bridge Angel Opie (Wine Sips Away) 3/14/03-12/29/12

This morning he is also "snapping at flies", but of course there are not any. We were up all night with explosive D and he was really thirsty. Must have drank a gallon of water. Had to wash everything in his crate. This is his 4th day on Metronidazole 500mg. She diagnosed him with IBD last year and the only thing he is allowed to eat is Science Diet ZD. It has worked very well, with him turning into a happy dog. Both dogs are going to the vet this morning. Oh, and I almost forgot, he does not want me touching his mouth and I have noticed him eating VERY slowly. Thanks

Guest verthib

This morning he is also "snapping at flies", but of course there are not any. We were up all night with explosive D and he was really thirsty. Must have drank a gallon of water. Had to wash everything in his crate. This is his 4th day on Metronidazole 500mg. She diagnosed him with IBD last year and the only thing he is allowed to eat is Science Diet ZD. It has worked very well, with him turning into a happy dog. Both dogs are going to the vet this morning. Oh, and I almost forgot, he does not want me touching his mouth and I have noticed him eating VERY slowly. Thanks

It's good you're taking him to the vet if there are new symptoms. Good luck!!! Poor boy!

Full or irritated anal glands don't always cause scooting. My previous dog licked a lot

:nod While the classic sign of anal gland problems is scooting, many dogs don't. Some lick, some just act uncomfortable, others don't show any signs of all. My whippet is one who doesn't show any signs, and I know his glands are getting too full when I start smelling it. :sick On the topic of scooting, I'd have to say I've never seen a greyhound scoot. As awkward as it looks for may of them to sit on command or sit down to scratch, I have a hard time even imagining it. :lol Do some greyhounds scoot?

Both dogs are going to the vet this morning.

How did the vet visit go? Hope your pups are feeling better soon.

Jennifer &

Willow (Wilma Waggle), Wiki (Wiki Hard Ten), Carter (Let's Get It On),

Ollie (whippet), Gracie (whippet x), & Terra (whippet) + Just Saying + Just Alice

gtsig3.jpg

:lol Do some greyhounds scoot?

My first girl did after she had a bad bout of diarrhea. We were at the park, and she was scooting in the grass (it looked as if she was wiping her butt on the grass in lieu of toilet paper!). It beat having her scooting on my carpets.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)