Omega-3 For The Pups

RobinM

I was turned on to a pharmaceutical grade omega-3. 2000 mg each capusle with no after taste.

How many MG daily for our pups?

Vit E- 20 IU

Total Omega-3 2000 mg

EPH 800 mg

DHA 400 mg

Other ingredients

hydroxpropyl methlcellulose, citrus flavor. gelatin, glycerin and water.

if interested, let me know. An friend of mine who is a ortho surgeon developed these. I am taking them for me

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I was turned on to a pharmaceutical grade omega-3. 2000 mg each capusle with no after taste.

How many MG daily for our pups?

Vit E- 20 IU

Total Omega-3 2000 mg

EPH 800 mg

DHA 400 mg

Other ingredients

hydroxpropyl methlcellulose, citrus flavor. gelatin, glycerin and water.

if interested, let me know. I will see if we can get a better price.

An friend of mine who is a ortho surgeon developed these. I am taking them for me

http://www.thekneecenter.com/omega3.shtml

Edited by RobinM

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I give 4000mg/day, but I'm using that as part of active arthritis management, not as a preventative. I use Cosco's human brand because it has the Vitamin E for stability, which a lot of the pet versions don't.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

Guest mcsheltie

Actually these only have 1200 mg of Omega 3 each.

Low end dose would be one per day. I would give two for normal use and double it if you were fighting any kind of inflammatory issues (be it arthritis or kidney problems)

A 2000 mg cap must be fairly large most are 1000-1200 even when serving size is list as 2000 mg. Of those you describeI'd give 2000 mg a day for a healthy dog. For my girl with SLO I'd give 4000-6000 mg.. If it were my senior with arthritis I'd give 6000-8000 mg.

My friend Carol who is a vet told me for greyhounds it's 4,000 mg. daily, though she suggested starting slowly so as not to give the dogs the runs. She said that dose is the best dose for heart health in greyhounds.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

I've actually cut back on giving fish oil/omega 3 to my dogs and they just get 1 capsule a day now. Omega 3 has aspirin like properties which my parent's doctor told me about (he is a guru on any medicine). Not too many vets seem to know about this side effect and the potential for bleeding. Add to this the combination of greyhounds and their "wacky" platelets anyway and it could be a recipe for disaster.

I've actually cut back on giving fish oil/omega 3 to my dogs and they just get 1 capsule a day now. Omega 3 has aspirin like properties which my parent's doctor told me about (he is a guru on any medicine). Not too many vets seem to know about this side effect and the potential for bleeding. Add to this the combination of greyhounds and their "wacky" platelets anyway and it could be a recipe for disaster.

I've stopped the fish oil for Sam for this reason. He's taking meloxicam, which has warnings about stomach irritation. I'm getting up early to give him pepcid before breakfast and the meloxicam, and I cut the extra fish oil out of his diet to avoid the potential complications. He still gets some fish oil in his kibble, but it's not that much.

ETA: But he loved his fish oil capsules and liked to eat them apart from his other pills that were bundled in a piece of lunch meat.

Edited by KF_in_Georgia

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)