Nip At The Backside

Guest carhound

Guest carhound

hi, does anyone else's grey nip,nibble at your backside when they are walking behind you? Our dog does it, and not viciously or hard, but sometimes (and it's not very common), she's "nibbled" at my backside when she's walking behind me - generally she's very excited when this has happened.

Luna does this too, always when she's happy, and usually when she's herding me towards the door for a walk or towards the cupboard for some food. :lol

I've heard that some greys do this to almost show that they care or are pleased with what you're doing. If it bothers you, though, it's something you can gently correct.

Laura, mom to Luna (Boc's Duchess) and Nova (Atascocita Venus).
Forever in my heart, Phantom (Tequila Nights) and Zippy (Iruska Monte).

She's happy. It's called nitting and a lot of greys do it when they're really excited and happy.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest BlueCrab

Trixie nips me in the tush when we're playing upstairs. She and I play hide and seek between my bedroom and bathroom. When we get about half way thru I stop playing and ignore her altogether. She thinks she's slick so she sneaks up, nips me in the tush and then runs off to continue the game. It's only during this game that she does that particular thing, and only with me (not DH). She is a big nitter when she's excited, tho, often nitting on our arms, or even on Opel cat when they're rollicking around in the morning waiting for breakfast.

Guest Jupiter

hi, does anyone else's grey nip,nibble at your backside when they are walking behind you? Our dog does it, and not viciously or hard, but sometimes (and it's not very common), she's "nibbled" at my backside when she's walking behind me - generally she's very excited when this has happened.

My Honey girl has only done that once, while I was mowing the lawn. She goes crazy for the lawnmower! She usually runs around and around me, and loves it when I throw her toys out of the way of the mower. One time she kept on making laps around me and nipped my bum on a couple of laps. She was definitely having a good time!