Upsetting Letter

Guest KatJon

Glad to hear there has been some improvement! Fingers crossed you will see more changes soon. Keep us posted, OK?

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep up the good work. It can be aggravating at times but SO well worth it

Keep up the good work. It can be frustrating but well worth it

Cassie: Pikes Clara Bell Swoop: My Man Swoop

BRIDGE ANGELS Psi:WD'S Aleford 3/17/00-4/25/10 Snowman: Gable Snowman 1/9/96-2/14/08

This may be useful for others who are having problems with SA....

We have been "spying" on Rhythm online using the webcam on my laptop! I found a website called Yoics that allows you to stream video and access it from anywhere. It is free to set up a basic account, which is all you really need unless you're setting up more than one camera. I can log in and see him from work or from a computer on the other side of the house, and it has been really useful in our "alone training". We can see what he's doing and let him out of the room before he starts getting anxious. Hooray for technology!

Dirty T-shirts helped Kevin. But time and training is what made the biggest difference by far.

With Sammi, it was my nightshirt I had slept in :) I'd just drop it on her bed as I was getting ready for work.

Then the frozen stuffed Kong would come out of the freezer as I was leaving for work. Also left the TV on for her quietly. Usually the DVD Polar Express (It auto-repeats itself) .. or if a Doctor Who, NCIS or House marathon was on, since I tried to leave on stuff she was used to hearing me watch when I was home.

So, potty break before I left for work (made sure she does 1 & 2) my nightshirt that smelled like me, frozen kong to work on, TV... she was golden :)

The only issue we had back then after we had the routine was the ID badge for work. IF she saw it while I was in the shower, she hid it.** If I was wearing it while taking her out to go potty, she refused to potty. So I had to dress "casual" for her bio break :rolleyes:

** She actually laid down on her bed once with my Pit Boss jacket under her, since my badge was attached to it. My phone at the time usually was always at max volume and vibrate for it's ringtone. It's amazing how high a greyhound can jump straight up from a sphinx position when you call the cell from the landline and it goes off under their belly :P