• 6 cups or more
  2. 2. How many times a day do you feed?

• One
    • Two
    • Three or more
  3. 3. Do you wet your dog's food?

• Yes
    • No

Doolin gets 2 cups a day (he is 75 pounds), Minerva gets 3.5-4 cups a day (she is 61 pounds). She gets almost double the food Doolin gets because she is extremely active and burns calories all day long (even then some say she is too skinny, but she is at her racing weight so I think she is fine). Doolin is a lazy thing and wouldn't get off the couch all day if I didn't make him get up for walks :P

ETA Doolin gets Nature's Variety Instinct and Minerva gets Natural Balance. I wet their food.

Edited by zombrie

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest fueldeacon

My dogs get 1 cup 2x per day plus a scoop or two per meal of wet food. Plus they get a large kong filled with wetfood in their kennel during the day plus two milkbones and training treats.

Porsche eats 2 cups of dry food along with about half a cup of frozen fruit or frozen veggies that have been thawed in the microwave and is fed twice per day. She's about 63lbs and will lick her bowl clean (literally) and still act like she's hungry. She's not very active as I live alone and work during the day, but acts like she wants more. I think she just loves food.

Guest Loves4Greyz

94 pound boy gets a scant 4 cups /day with yogurt in the am and frozen veggies at night. I have 2 sixty pound girls and they get about 3 cups per day along with yogurt and frozen veggies.