Hair Regrow?

Guest BlackandTan

3mg of Melatonin daily. Carl used to be bald - bald neck, thighs, outside of thighs, belly and chest. Now his neck is covered in a super thick pelt, belly is furry, outside of thighs furry, a little bit of baldness on the backs of his thighs, but they are mainly filled in. His chest is still pretty bald, but that's fine by me.

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Time.

Some dogs get furry in the winter and bald over the summer. Some seem to be bald when in better physical trim (just off the track, lots of exercise, etc.) and furry when in softer condition.

I wouldn't give a dog drugs just to promote hair growth when there's no pathology. Pointless.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

With my vet's approval, Wendy gets 5 mg. of Solgar brand Melatonin with her dinner every night. No more baldspots and her fur is full, lush, super shiney and bunny soft. The only drawback is that if you stop gving it, all the regrowth falls out and you're back to square one. Melatonin is a life-time commitment, much like Rogaine for humans.

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Some people have tried melatonin. For some it works for some not. Your pup may never grown hair on the back of his legs or belly. Some of mine did and some didn't. My big boys still don't have hair on either place and they've been with me for 6 and 7 years.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest BrianRke

Diamond and Frank get 5mg of Melatonin every morning. I have been giving it to them for several months and I have really noticed a difference in Diamond, but not so much in Frank.

Daytona is already so furry that if I gave him any, he would look like an Alaskan Malamute. :lol

Some people have tried melatonin. For some it works for some not.

Very true. Carl has had a very dramatic response to melatonin, Claire's response has been much less so. They are littermates, but clearly, their body chemistry is very very different. My vet feels that Carl's dramatic response indicates that his body needs it, Claire's not so much.

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Guest GreyGary91806

Im going to give him more time and see what happens. I dont know if I want to give him drugs for a few spots short of hair, just means me and him match even better.. Does melantonin work for humans? :lol