Tractor Supply

Guest BrianRke

Guest onedollar

I tried it and 2 of my 4 did great on it. The problem was my Tractor Supply was always out and I couldn't get it anywhere else. After I started looking around, I found that Diamond Naturals and 4Health are almost identical. Made by the same company, just in a different bag. Diamond Naturals comes in a bigger bag for less $. :colgate

Diamond Naturals-Chicken, chicken meal, cracked pearled barley, whole grain brown rice, white rice, rice bran, chicken fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols), dried plain beet pulp, egg product, flaxseed, natural chicken flavor, fish meal, brewers dried yeast, etc.

4Health-Chicken, chicken meal, whole grain brown rice, cracked pearled barley, white rice, rice bran, chicken fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols), dried beet pulp, flaxseed, egg product, fish meal, brewers dried yeast, natural chicken flavor, etc.

Guest KatJon

I saw on another thread somewhere that a lot of dogs liked it... It's made by the diamond brand, so I'm guessing the ingredients are pretty similar to the diamond food, which is rated pretty high! I was thinking of trying the diamond first (especially since it's a bit cheaper). No dog yet, but waiting for application to go through :-)

Guest BrianRke

I saw on another thread somewhere that a lot of dogs liked it... It's made by the diamond brand, so I'm guessing the ingredients are pretty similar to the diamond food, which is rated pretty high! I was thinking of trying the diamond first (especially since it's a bit cheaper). No dog yet, but waiting for application to go through :-)

Thats great news. Congratulations, I hope it goes through soon. Please keep us updated.

Guest sja5032

I use it for my 2 greys and 1 non-grey all do well on it. We used to use the Diamond Naturals from Tractor Supply but they often were out of that so we switched. I have used Diamond when they were out of the 4 Health to get us through to the next shipment, they seem to be pretty interchangeable, at least to my dogs! My senior non-grey is on Diamond Naturals Senior, which they usually only carry one or two bags of if they have 4 Health senior I would try that as well.

I use 4Health about 75% of the time - great results. It seems to rank in quality and price with Premioum Edge, which did well here (before PE got popular and went up in price). I don't know if my TS carries Diamond Naturals, I'll have to check next time - that's a food I've used in the past and was happy with.

Guest Whistle

We've been using the Diamond Naturals Chicken formula. It gives one of our hounds gas, but 2 do fine on it. I just bought the lamb formula to try for the gassy guy.

Guest BrianRke

The Costco brand dog food is also made by Diamond and is also supposedly very similar to Diamond Natural. So if you are going this route it's worth looking at Costco as well.

I wish I had a Costco here but all we have is a Sam's Club...yuck

The Costco brand dog food is also made by Diamond and is also supposedly very similar to Diamond Natural. So if you are going this route it's worth looking at Costco as well.

Both are made by Diamond and my be "similar", but they are not the same. We tried the Kirkland Chicken, Rice and Veggies for our greys and had horrible results. They do great on the Diamond Naturals Chicken & Rice though. I guess it was the veggies in the Kirkland formula that didn't agree with them. :dunno

Laura with Celeste (ICU Celeste) and Galgos Beatrix and Encarna
The Horse - Gracie (MD Grace E)
Bridge Angels Faye Oops (Santa Fe Oops), Bonny (
Bonny Drive), Darcy (D's Zipperfoot)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest adoptagreyhound

It's so cool just to come to GT and find the EXACT answer to the question I have on any given day. This day is no different. I saw this brand at the Tractor Store today and wondered how my GT friends feel about it. It's nice to be able to pick the collective brain of many seasoned greyhound owners all in one place. Thanks for being here, everyone!

I think we'll give this stuff a try - just as a supplement to the chicken and rice we cook for our greys.

• 5 months later...
Guest ndgrey

I see this is a few months old, but it's worth a bump.

TSC has added a new Salmon and Potato recipe to their 4health line of dog food (it's not on the website yet) and it's awesome! It's 35$ for a 35# bag and the ingredients are pretty much a spot on match to TOTW Pacific Stream aside from the the addition of barley. Sal, with his sensitive stomach, is doing great on it and for the first time ever he has awesome bounce-off-the-sidewalk poops and no gas. (The rescue had him on Blue Buffalo Chicken and Rice.) We're so stoked that I needed to share with you guys, it seems to be an amazing value for the price! It's fun to bring him with us when we go, too, they're so friendly always.

Here's the breakdown since I'm a geek about these things and have it typed up on my computer:

Ingredients

Salmon, ocean fish meal (a source of fish oil), potatoes, peas, cracked pearled barley, egg product, millet, canola oil, tomato pomace, natural flavor, flaxseed, salt, choline chloride, dried chicory root, glucosamine hydrochloride, dried kelp, carrots, apples, tomatoes, blueberries, spinach, dried skim milk, cranberries, rosemary extract, parsley flake, yucca schidigera, extract, L-Carnitine, chondroitin sulfate, dried Lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, some other probiotic stuff, then a bunch of minerals….

Guaranteed Analysis

Crude Protein 25%

Crude Fat 14%

Crude Fiber 3%

Moisture 10%

Zinc 150 mg/kg

Selenium 0.4 mg/kg

Vitamin E 150 IU/kg

Omega-6 2.5%

Omega-3 0.5%

Glucosamine 300 mg/kg

Chondroitin 100 mg/kg

Calorie Content

3,500 kcal/kg (327 kcal/cup)

Feeding Guide

Weight Cups/Day

60 3

80 3.5

100 4.5

Guest GreysAndMoreGreys

I started my crew on the 4 Health Salmon and Potato a few weeks ago.

I do a mix of the 4 Health and the TOTW High Prairie. Also purchase the 4Health canned and everyone seems to be doing very well on it.

I've fed the Diamond in the past but seems my crew is not fond of it, or should I say their tummies are not fond of the chicken.