Pet Pharmacies

My girl Angel has spay incontince.And she is on Proin 50 mg twice a day. Untill monday I've been able to order her pills from Omha Vaccince. A woman from the company called me monday and told me they can't carry them any more. She said the FDA changed some of the rules for pet medications. And I thought she told me that it now considered a narcodic(sp?). I looked on there website and there not lised any more too!

So far I've found some of the place for her meds are:

KV Vet supply

$31.95

Foster's and Smith

$39.60

National Pet Pharmacy

$39.59

Central Pet Pharmacy

$38.99

I was paying almost $34 for a 180 count bottle from Omaha Vaccine. And my vet wants almost $65 for a bottle that large.

I've also checked 1-800 pet meds and pet care rx. And they both are fairly expensive.

Does any one know of any other Pet Pharmacies out there?

Edited by SarahsBlackPack

Sarah, mom to Stella and Winston . And to Prince, Katie Z, Malone, Brooke, Freddie, Angel and Fast who are all waiting at the Bridge!

www.gpawisconsin.org

Guest sheila

have you talked to your vet to see if he would be willing to sell you the meds at his cost? I talked to my vet about it once when I was able to find one of the meds my hound was on for much less and he offered that option.

Have you checked to see if a human pharmacy carries it under a different name?

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

Guest Javasmom

Patricks mom, it used to be under another name as sold for humans but it was taken off the market after it was found to cause strokes in humans. The drug name is Phenylpropanolamine, aka PPA. It can be compounded too but I am not sure if that is any cheaper. Another vet pharmacy is VetCentric pharmacy. I used to work for them.

I did check with my vet as to how much it would cost from them. And I was told the cost from them would be $62. i am going to call and try and talk with Mary the practice manger and she what she says. Maybe she'll give it to me cheaper.

Sarah, mom to Stella and Winston . And to Prince, Katie Z, Malone, Brooke, Freddie, Angel and Fast who are all waiting at the Bridge!

www.gpawisconsin.org