Baby Bunny Snack Club

Maverick found, killed and ate a baby bunny. It happened too quickly to stop. Anyway, while my dogs are raw fed, their food is frozen first. Do I need to worm him? Dante has chomped on a few birds that came too close, but this is my first experience with this. Thanks in advance!

Cindy

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Can't answer but will be interested in the responses. My guy was due for two follow up wormings with panacur when he nabbed the bunny. Don't know if the other dogs got any but I don't think so. Am keeping an eye on them though.

They can pick up tape worms from eating rodents. Rabbits aren't rodents, they're lagamorphs, but there's probably a good chance they can still pick up worms from them. You could worm him to be safe or check a fecal in a week or two (it'll take that long for eggs to start showing up).

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds: Kili (ATChC AgMCh Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly RN IP MSCDC MTRDC ExS Bronze ExJ Bronze ) and Kenna (Lakilanni Kiss The Sky RN MADC MJDC AGDC AGEx AGExJ). Waiting at the Bridge: Retired racer Summit (Bbf Dropout) May 5, 2005-Jan 30, 2019

Like us on Facebook!

Guest BiancasMom

My friend's dog got coccidia from wild rabbits. I would have a fecal checked in a few months. Monthly heartworm prevention will not treat coccidia.

Monthly heartworm doesn't treat tapeworms either.

That said ... my dogs have eaten all kinds of wild stuff and never gotten worms from same. I'd keep an eye on the poop and maybe do a fecal in a few weeks.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Thanks, everyone!

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow