Experience With A Possible Uti?

Guest koolaidnconner

Guest koolaidnconner

I have had a year old foster for about a month and in the last week maybe a little longer we have come home to not 1 or 2 but sometimes 3-4 pee piles. We swore it was him as he is young and our boys have never done that, especially when they are only home alone for max 3 hours.

Well we caught Conner yesterday peeing in the living room. He did not even ask, I got mad and got him outside and when outside he continued and then walked around 1 lap and went again. NOT small pees either, regular to HUGE pees. I began to wonder if something was wrong and then remembered he has not eaten since Thursday evening as well. The not eating Friday and part of Sat never dawned on me as he does have IBD and sometimes he goes threw that and I was just hoping we were not having an episode although I saw no diaherra. Anyways today he is not good, I got him outside to go pee and he once again peed 3x well outside for about 5 mins and when he came in he was woobly and went real slow going up the stairs, he has been laying on my bed for the last 2.5 hours and we even went out for 30 mins and he never moved, never even met us at the door.

I talked to our vet, I have clavamox which I started and gave him some metacam.

Does this sound normal for a UTI? Maybe a more severe one? The vet ask if he is not any better tomorrow to bring him in, which I was planning anyways. She is just not in today. I dont have a themometer to check his temp, but he feels warm...

Please think good thoughts for my boy.

I'd take him to the vet. First thing I thought of was diabetes. Also recently talked to a friend who took her dog in with similar symptoms and he had a bowel obstruction although this was an older dog. Another thought: Has he been out in the heat for any amount of time?