Fractured Toe

It looks like Larry fractured his toe on Tuesday doing "zoomies" around the yard. His toe is pretty swollen and his x-rays look like it might be a fracture. But, being a greyhound .. I'd like to send the x-rays to OSU for a radiologic consult to make sure that is truely what we are dealing with - can anyone point me to a previous thread that has all the information listed to get a consult?

See the first post in the "Osteo Thread." One update from that info - OSU is now only accepting consults through their submission page. You can send them images or attach digital files if you have them. (You don't have to pay anything to join or submit.) They are usually pretty fast getting back to people.

It probably is just a toe fracture. I would vote against any casting as they cause more problems than they fix. If it's a badly displaced break, an amputation is easiest on the dog, quickest to accomplish and probably cheaper than months of treatment.

Good luck.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly