Myles Ate The Whole Front Of His Muzzle

Guest JarBear

Guest JarBear

We were gone less than 2 hours this evening. When we came home he had the muzzle off and was chewing on it. The whole front was gone! :omg We searched all over the house for pieces and there were none. Didn't think I should make him vomit because of the sharp ends so called the vet to see what to do. He said to feed him bread, lots of it, and go ahead and give him his dinner to, (hopefully), cushion the pieces as they try to make their way through. He said to watch him carefully for signs of distress and if there is any to take him to the e-vet. Anyone have any experience with this? I'm a nervous wreck!!!

We've had Myles for 2 1/2 years and he's always had to wear his muzzle when we leave because he likes to chew up beds, toys, anything he can get his mouth around. He's never taken his muzzle off before but we've had a foster, who should have been named Houdini, for the past 3 weeks and I think he has learned how to remove it from him. I guess now he will get a muzzle keeper too.

Any advice and/or encouragement will be appreciated. Please think good thoughts for safe passage of the plastic.

Thanks!

Guest KennelMom

I've had several muzzles chewed into uslessness, everything passed with no problems!

:nod

Fingers crossed it all passes w/o incident!

Guest BrianRke

Frank has eaten many things he should not have and so far everything has passed without incident. Yesterday he ate the pump off the hand soap I keep at the kitchen sink. I thought everything was out of his reach, but i was wrong.

Guest JarBear

Thanks everyone. There were a few small pieces of muzzle in his poop this morning. Such fun following him around with a bowl and spoon! I guess we'll just keep watching and collecting. My granddaughter is watching him today but she says she's NOT picking up poop so I told her to put a bowl over it so I can find it when I get home. She's going to call me if he acts funny so I can get him to the vet. I'm hoping he chewed all of it as small as the pieces I found this morning. Please keep up the good Greytalk thoughts for him.

Such fun following him around with a bowl and spoon!

:ohno

Remind me not to use the spoons at your house.

:P

Guest KennelMom

:lol We have a handful of plastic containers that have PEE CATCHER written on them in permanent marker. Not something you want to mix up with the other containers! I also bought a bright yellow sponge bob squarepants thermometer so there's NEVER any mistaking which on is for the dogs! :blink:

Guest JarBear

Just the plastic ones. :lol

:lol We have a handful of plastic containers that have PEE CATCHER written on them in permanent marker. Not something you want to mix up with the other containers! I also bought a bright yellow sponge bob squarepants thermometer so there's NEVER any mistaking which on is for the dogs! :blink:

The things we do!

Guest Figmama

Oh my goodness!!!!! Hope that he passes all that stuff without a problem.

Luckily, our Grey has really never chewed up anything.

Guest giantsfan

I've been down this road many times with one of ours. Tony has eaten a plastic spatula, 2 pairs of glasses (plastic lenses thankfully), a chip clip, a squeaker...the list goes on. I think this was all within the first year too - we are MUCH better at putting things away now. Anyway, each of these passed without incident - we followed, inspected, watched and all was well. It is so nerve wracking, but hopefully everything will be fine. Good luck!

I use a measuring cup to scoop kibble out of the bin and into the dog bowls. Sam's work:

2005%2011%2028%20004sm.jpg

I tossed this one, and now I'm scooping with a half-cup measure.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Thanks everyone. There were a few small pieces of muzzle in his poop this morning. Such fun following him around with a bowl and spoon! I guess we'll just keep watching and collecting. My granddaughter is watching him today but she says she's NOT picking up poop so I told her to put a bowl over it so I can find it when I get home. She's going to call me if he acts funny so I can get him to the vet. I'm hoping he chewed all of it as small as the pieces I found this morning. Please keep up the good Greytalk thoughts for him.

Had a girl do this in the kennel once - ate the straps on the muzzle through the crate door. She threw up a great deal of it almost a week later.

Ann

NewSiggy09b.jpg