Moving To The Reading, Pennsylvania Area

Guest kadees_crash

Guest kadees_crash

Hi everyone. I'm more of a lurker than a poster, so I thought I should make a new intro post. :)

My name is Jenny. I live with my fiance, Jason, and our sweet greyhound, Kadee. I adopted Kadee from Greyhound Welfare in Maryland in '05, and we moved to Lancaster, PA in '07. Next month we will be moving to Sinking Springs, PA (Reading area). We would love to make some new greyhound friends.

Kadee will be 10 years old next Friday. She's a sweet, snuggly girl who prefers to snooze on the couch all day. Although she's not fond of car rides, she does enjoy our annual trip to Dewey in the fall. ;)

Don't know if you are familiar with Godfrey's Dogdom in Mohnton. They have a greyhound playgroup on Sundays. We haven't been up there yet to check it out but we probably will soon. :)

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

Guest kadees_crash

Don't know if you are familiar with Godfrey's Dogdom in Mohnton. They have a greyhound playgroup on Sundays. We haven't been up there yet to check it out but we probably will soon. :)

Wow, that sounds awesome! We will definitely check into the playgroup. Thanks a bunch! :thumbs-up

(edit - can't seem to spell this evening.)

Edited by kadees_crash

I live in Reading and have a family that live in Sinking Spring. I've never checked out the group that Tricia mentions above but have read about Godfrey's and it sounds very nice. I have a vet recommendation if your interested. There are a lot of greyhounds in this area. Welcome to the area.

Guest kadees_crash

Hi there, thanks for the replies. :)

We've been very busy with moving, but I did stop by Godfrey's Dogdom yesterday & it seems like a really nice place. Their greyhound play group is currently meeting on Saturdays at 4pm, so I wanted to add that incase anyone reading this may be interested. I spoke to the owner & the dog park area is more private & controlled than a lot of other parks, so your greyhounds can play with trusted friends rather than any dog who comes along. I really liked this set up because my parents' greyhound was attacked (and nearly killed) at a dog park in Florida, so this private group thing sounds like a perfect option. :) Godfrey's also has a store with all kinds of treats, toys, people gifts, and other cool doggie things. Thanks for the suggestion... we hope to take Kadee there to play soon (once we get through this crazy moving business, of course).

Hello to you and Kadee.

Typical greyhound person -- checks out the dogplay area before finishing moving. :)

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jenny, Jason and Kadee! We live in Schwensville, with our 3 greys, Dazzle, Sophie, and Tangerine. Welcome! :colgate

Leave it to Tricia to know about a new doggy place! Tricia is known as the cruise director for houndie activities! I checked out the Godfrey's site also and am intrigued! Hope to see you there one day soon!

Jackie

Jackie with Tangerine and Chimes

Always missing Gracie, Steely, Annie, Payne, Twilite, Janey Bug, Bindi, Sophie, and Dazzle

Hi Jenny! I remember Kadee!!! (I'm a GW volunteer...)

Have fun in your new place!

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge