Possible Osteo

To answer your question about contacting Ohio State. Just go to the greyhound health and wellness website:

https://greyhound.osu.edu/index.cfm

click on Consultation Service

cursor down to where you see the consultation form (under the "How to send Inquiry" heading.

Fill it out and attach files for whatever test results you have.

Your vet can also call them by calling Stephanie (listed on the page).

Right this instant their consultation form isn't working -- looks to be a website problem. If it is still not working by Monday you can call Stephanie yourself and she will help you.

Hope this helps.

Jane

Sorry I haven't updates sooner. Milky Way is doing SO much better.

He went from having a leg the size of a Mastiff and not being able to walk to pretty much back to normal.He still has a little swollen area near his joint but it's getting smaller each day. We go back to the vets on Tuesday for a checkup. This doesn't mean he's out of the woods but it certainly means for the moment he's alright. His appetite is still a little off but MUCH better than it was. His personality is back as well. On Sunday he went through his toy box and threw ALL his toys around his room. When I looked in to see what on earth he was doing he quickly laid down as if to say "oh yeah I'm supposed to be sick".

I waned to send out a HUGE thank you to everyone who has read my posts, responded, or sent me pm's. I've been on GT a long time and until now have never had any real health scares. This one was big and still may turn out to be. The kind words and thoughts from everyone on here really made a difference. People out in the real world seldom understand the love we have for our babies. Being able to come on here and know there are people who love their pets just as much I a do and who understand why I was so worried and upset really made a difference. Thank you again.

I will continue to update everyone on his progress.

Edited by kickchick2000

Alicia and Foster Yoshi ( pit bull) 

Always in my heart: WV's Milky Way 6/25/2000- 4/22/2013, Hank ( St Bernard/Boxer) ???? - 10/3/2017 and Sweet Pea (English bulldog)  2004 - 6/19/2019

www.etsy.com/your/shops/MuttStuffnc

Guest corinnewynne

So happy to read that there's an improvement - did you rule out cancer? I add my thoughts and prayers for all the pups fighting their battles.

Corinne

So happy to read that there's an improvement - did you rule out cancer? I add my thoughts and prayers for all the pups fighting their battles.

Corinne

We have ruled out osteo based on the x-rays but we have not 100% ruled out a possible soft tissue tumor/cancer. The only way to rule out a soft tissue tumor is with an MRI. Since Milky Way is no longer limping, the swelling is almost gone, and he did not react with pain at the site today we are going to continue to monitor his leg for the time being.

Alicia and Foster Yoshi ( pit bull) 

Always in my heart: WV's Milky Way 6/25/2000- 4/22/2013, Hank ( St Bernard/Boxer) ???? - 10/3/2017 and Sweet Pea (English bulldog)  2004 - 6/19/2019

www.etsy.com/your/shops/MuttStuffnc