Panacur Dose?

My boy just had the same diagnosis with IBD. I think if they gave your guy panacur it is because they think there might be a hookworm situation - which is what I need to talk further to my vet about as well. I'm tempted to ask her if we can give panacur simply in the event that hookworm has caused this problem. I'm not sure on the answer to your question, but your vet may think that the one-round treatment is enough.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

My vet said she was pretty certain that Huck did not have hookworms. I insisted that she just "humor me" and start both dogs on Panacur. Huck was kept on it for 12 days because it works like "Pepto Bismo" and coats his stomach. My question to her was if I should give him another 3 days when his 3 weeks are up and she said no. She still thinks there are no worms involved because he is on Heartguard Plus. She has done 2 stool checks on him and they came back negative. Should I give him another round? Also, I went to several places today and tried to buy Panacur and could not find it at all. So, my last stop was Pet Smart. I could not find it on the shelf, so happened to see the store vet there and she would not sell me any without seeing the dog...Sorry this is so long.

Another questions please: My vet wants to give Huck his rabies, kennel cough and B12 shot tomorrow. Is it OK to give three shots in one day? He is the dog that vet said has IBD and that was diagnosed a couple of days ago. Thanks for your help. Nan