Hi From Boston!

Guest mariah

Guest mariah

I've been prowling around on these forums for a few months and thought I'd say hi! ;) My boyfriend and I recently adopted a brindle lurcher boy (greyhound and mountain cur?) from Greyhound Friends in Hopkinton. We'd been hemming and hawing about getting a greyhound for about two years. I started volunteering occasionally at Greyhound Friends last November, met Chips and that was that! He came home with us in late February. He's our first dog, and I'm not sure we could be any more in love with him!

Here's a picture of him from this past weekend at my parents' house–he had just finished stockpiling all of their dog's toys on his bed.

Photo03261458.jpg

Edited by mariah

Guest ScottH

Welcome from the South Shore.

Don't forget to check out some of the local walking groups. getting out with other hound owners and walking your dog with others is a great way to socialize a new pup and build a stronger bond. Plus it is lots of fun!

Check out Greyhound Adventures for Metro Boston area walks on Sundays.(greyhound only)

Trail Bound Hounds does Saturday walks all over south of Boston. (all breeds)

See you on the trails!

Guest mariah

Welcome from the South Shore.

Don't forget to check out some of the local walking groups. getting out with other hound owners and walking your dog with others is a great way to socialize a new pup and build a stronger bond. Plus it is lots of fun!

Check out Greyhound Adventures for Metro Boston area walks on Sundays.(greyhound only)

Trail Bound Hounds does Saturday walks all over south of Boston. (all breeds)

See you on the trails!

Thanks for the tip, Scott, I'll look into those!

Thanks to all for the warm welcome!

Guest zombrie

I am staff at Greyhound Friends - so excited that you adopted Chips! Such a nice, nice boy.

Edited by zombrie

Guest happygrey

Another hello from the North Shore! I love Chips. I was there when he came in and took his pictures for the website. He is a real sweetheart! So glad he is home.

Hope to see you on one of the Greyhound Adventure walks!

• 3 weeks later...

He is so handsome! Welcome!

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross