Question About Anti-Inflammatory Drugs And Use Of Bladder Support Su

Guest Kathy3

Guest Kathy3

Rebel has become incontinent and I have ordered Pet Naturals of Vermont Bladder support for him. This product has the same ingredients as Vetri-Science Bladder Support I ordered 3 months to see how it worked for him.

Product Description

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bladder Support Formula. For use in dogs only. Recommended to support normal bladder function and bladder health. It is also recommended for spayed or senior dogs to help maintain bladder control.

Nutritional Information

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Servings per Container: 0

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value

Pumpkin Seed Powder 150 mg *

Rehmannia Glutinosa Root Powder 150 mg *

Wild Yam Extract 150 mg *

Soy Protein Extract 100 mg *

Corn Silk Powder 60 mg *

Saw Palmetto Extract 60 mg *

Olive Leaf Extract (15% Oleuropein) 50 mg *

Pyridoxine HCl (Vitamin B-6) 25 mg *

*Daily value not established.

Other Ingredients: Brewer's yeast, microcrystalline cellulose, silicon dioxide, smoke flavor, stearic acid and vegetable stearate.

Directions

Give 1 tablet daily per 25 lbs of body weight, daily.

For dogs less than 15 lbs, give 1/2 tablet daily.

If giving more than 1 tablet daily, divide amount between AM & PM.

Warnings

This product should not be given to pregnant, lactating, or animals intended for breeding.

If animal's condition worsens or does not improve, stop product administration and consult your veterinarian. Not to be used in animals experiencing diarrhea. Use with caution in hormone-related diseases and in combination with anti-inflammatory drugs. Not to be used with hypotensive drugs or prior to anesthesia. For animal use only. In case of accidental overdose, contact a health professional immediately.

Disclaimer

These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA

My concern is that if says to use with caution in combination with anti-inflammatory drugs. Rebel has had seizures in the past so we do not use Tramodal (sp?)

My question is has anyone that has used this had a problem with anti-inflamatory drugs while that has useed this bladder support product or the Vetri-Science Bladder Support

I am working with my vet and we will go in after he has been on it for 3 weeks to have him checked out. He also had some other problems with a UTI that now seems to be have cleared up but is still getting me up sometimes 2 to 3 times a night. I have had xray, ulta sound and lots of test done. He will be 13 on April 3rd so the getting me up could be his age. I have also changed his food to Wellness for Seniors which has 18 grams of protien in it.

What I read was that risk of bleeding is increased when taken with asprin or NSAIDs. It can also like NSAIDs be irritable to the GI tract which can be a cause of bleeding. This is information I found when searching Rehmannia glutinosa.

I'm all for using natural remedies, but with due caution. In this case I would not use it unless you can find something else he can take instead of an NSAID that would work better together with less risk.

Is he on an NSAID? If he's not or not likely to, then I would use it. If he is, I probably wouldn't. You can buy corn silk & saw palmetto separately.

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Guest Kathy3

Before I ordered the product I faxed the ingredients to my vet and she thought it was fine and we decided that I would bring him in 2-3 weeks after he started to use it and do bloodwork to make sure that all is OK. He takes Duralactin and she thought that was fine. He is not currently taking a NSAID but I was thinking what if he needed to. I did call the company today and they sent my question into I forget what the customer service person call the person, I wish I could remember, anyway he called me back and said that there was no problem with NSAID's and the use of this product. I told him that it was on one of the websties that sold the product. The customer service person was very nice and I email him the website and in the email explained again that Rebel takes Duralactin and if needed would take Deramaxx.

He said that he will look into it again and get back with me. I know that some people on Greytalk do use the Vetri-Science Bladder Support and was wondering if they had any problems.

The internet is full of wonderful information but sometimes the information is conflicting.

I have already ordered 3 months supply but am not sure that I will use it or maybe use a lower dose then the product recommends. It would be great if it worked and helped Rebel. If I do I will be taking him in and do bloodwork to make sure all is OK.

You called Vetri-Science & they were unaware of the warning on their own package? Hope that woke someone up - will be interesting to hear how they respond to you.

If your vet thinks it's OK, then I would go ahead & try it. Duralactin isn't an NSAID & if Rebel does need an NSAID, you can stop giving the bladder support to him. It says to use it with caution which is what you would be doing. In addition to bloodwork, keep an eye on any gastro effects - vomiting, diarrhea. I hope it helps Rebel! goodluck.gif

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis