Clark's Biopsy Results

Guest LokisMom

Guest LokisMom

Xan's chant worked its magic as usual :yay

Clark's tumor was benign. It's particular type has a high chance of returning but there are more options to remove benign tumors than to fight cancer so we're still pretty happy with the results!

He is back in his bandage though. He was supposed to get the stitches out today but the area is filling up with fluid. The vet drained the fluid and put the bandage back on hoping some pressure would help keep the fluid from building back up. We're back to the vet Thursday to check the fluid again and possibly remove stitches.

Other than the fluid the vet said the wound is healing up much better than he expected. All in all a good visit.

Thank you again for all the prayers and well wishes :)

Guest LokisMom

It was a nerve sheath tumor according to the lab report.

The margins were not clean but they weren't able to send the entire tumor as they didn't have a container big enough to hold it for transport to the lab(according to the vet). It was a HUGE tumor. It went from near his penis all the way into his chest cavity and attached to his sternum.

That makes me sound negligent. In my defense, the only visible area was a lump on his stomach. We had it checked and the vet wasn't concerned initially. As soon as it began to grow, we got it removed.

And yes, he has gotten tons of extra treats and even had his favorite meal for supper.

Nerve sheath tumor = hemangiopericytoma. I have seen a lot of these lately--- usually seen on limbs-- they do seem to grow quickly so I can see how you didn't catch it earlier. Let's hope Clarks's never comes back!! Extra cookies for your boy!!