Fuzzy Dripping Blood, Still

We just returned from Dr. Newman. We brought urine, she took a culture of what he is dripping, and did blood work. The reason for the blood work is that she thought his urine was very yellow, so she is checking his bilirubin. A stone is possible in the bladder or kidneys, but she thinks he would have some pain. He is fine with all the pushing and prodding, would have done an x-ray, but said still, let's wait.

She is looking at a disease, Balanoposthitis, which I also had researched. So, right now, we have decided-no antibiotics, creams, antiseptics until we get test results. Then, we can treat for whatever it is.

Thanks for all the good thoughts and wishes. It is most appreciated in this house.

PS. Since we have become regular visitors at the practice, she didn't charge us for the office visit, only the tests which have to be sent out.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Guest mcsheltie

Balanoposthitis isn't a disease, it is a term used to describe inflammation of the penis and sheath. It can be caused by infection, tumors, a foreign body (which you can't always palpate) or an injury. You see it frequently in whole dogs.

This is the first time a culture has been done on the discharge?

ETA: Was this present prior to his car crash?

Edited by mcsheltie

Balanoposthitis isn't a disease, it is a term used to describe inflammation of the penis and sheath. It can be caused by infection, tumors, a foreign body (which you can't always palpate) or an injury. You see it frequently in whole dogs.

You are correct about balanoposthitis. I miss spoke. When she showed me her book with the explanation, I mentioned that I had come across it also, but hesitated to mention it because it is more common in non-neutered dogs. Dr. Newman, said yes, but not necessarily.

This is a first on the culture, and why about the car crash. He doesn't seem to have any trauma in the area. He totally allows them to manipulate him, pull, press, push anyway they can try to get a reaction. Two weeks ago she also palpitated his prostate.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Guest mcsheltie

You are correct about balanoposthitis. I miss spoke. When she showed me her book with the explanation, I mentioned that I had come across it also, but hesitated to mention it because it is more common in non-neutered dogs. Dr. Newman, said yes, but not necessarily.

This is a first on the culture, and why about the car crash. He doesn't seem to have any trauma in the area. He totally allows them to manipulate him, pull, press, push anyway they can try to get a reaction. Two weeks ago she also palpitated his prostate.

Just a thought, as injury is a common cause. If he banged it during his crash the actual injury would no longer hurt. But could have caused an infection which took a while to get bad enough to notice. His licking the area keeps the problem going, or made the slight infection that wasn't noticeable, worse.