Side Effects From "revolution"?

I gave my 85 lb. male his monthly dose of Revolution yesterday, and all day today he's been spooked by everything (more so than usual) and shivering slightly (it was in the 70's today, so he's not cold). Has any one else noticed side effects to this? The doctor had never heard of any. I switched him to Revolution from Heartguard, which he had very bad reactions to, once I thought he may have had a stroke, he just stood in a daze not seeming to comprehend what was going on. I did an on-line search and couldn't find any evidence of side-effects, so I suspect that Ali is just super-sensitive.

Guest mcsheltie

I haven't heard of that particular one. But if you suspect he is having a reaction wash it off him with Dawn. Some dogs just can't deal with any of these "preventatives". Interceptor does have a lower incidence of side effects.

I've given my boy (and my cats) Revolution with no adverse effects. My guess would be that something else spooked him and it's coincidental. Hope you can get it figured out!

I haven't heard of that particular one. But if you suspect he is having a reaction wash it off him with Dawn. Some dogs just can't deal with any of these "preventatives". Interceptor does have a lower incidence of side effects.

Yup. And Interceptor is good stuff - it's what I generally use :)

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Guest Greyt_dog_lover

I used to use Revolution when I only had 1 hound, now that I have three, it is just too expensive. My boy Bart is very sensitive to any of the topical preventatives. He is restless, pants, digs at beds and just generally doesnt like them. he will act like this for about 4 hours after I put the fluid on him, then he calms down. There is a very rare case where dogs have a reaction to ivermectin (the active ingredient in Heartguard), maybe do a search for that.

Chad

I've given my boy (and my cats) Revolution with no adverse effects. My guess would be that something else spooked him and it's coincidental. Hope you can get it figured out!

Yup. And Interceptor is good stuff - it's what I generally use :)

Used a lot of Interceptor on a lot of dogs. GREAT stuff. Highly reccommend.