My Boy Ate S Shrimp Tail-Should I Be Worried.

Guest JJGrey

Guest goofydog

Get Em eats shrimp with tails on all the time, sometimes with the entire shell still on. He has never had a problem with it. I don't think you need to worry about 1 tail.

Get Em eats shrimp with tails on all the time, sometimes with the entire shell still on. He has never had a problem with it. I don't think you need to worry about 1 tail.

Same here, as a matter of fact, I have used shrimp every time I've had to teach one of mine how to use the dig door and I never shelled them lol.gif

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

no problem. Stormy ate a whole pound frozen sitting in the sink. Makes for interesting pickups the following days. When he opens the fridge for cocktail sauce, I will worry. Almost as interesting as poodle eating colorful ballons after New Yrs Eve party Good Dad gone Bad.

no problem. Stormy ate a whole pound frozen sitting in the sink. Makes for interesting pickups the following days. When he opens the fridge for cocktail sauce, I will worry. Almost as interesting as poodle eating colorful ballons after New Yrs Eve party Good Dad gone Bad.

Do you happen to have a large dalmation mix too? ;)

My boy nabbed a shrimp tail off the ground while we were on a walk. Saw online that they are as bad as chicken bones. Should I be worried.

My girl ate half a dish of raw shrimp with tails (and butter, garlic, wine, sour cream, thyme--yum!)and suffered no ill effects, not even the big D. Not to worry.

I truly do appreciate your concern. I would feel the same. But that being said, one of my hounds -- who I have concluded is nothing short of a junkyard dog -- recently ate half of an emery board and last night crunched an empty pistachio shell he found on the carpet. And those shells can be sharp. :blink:

I try very hard to remove tempting items that would place my dogs in harm's way -- but every once in awhile they suddenly find a treasure or to their delight discover something that has been in the house for years. Sigh.

Hope your baby is okay.