Peeing In The House

We moved a month ago and I've had to baby gate the dogs in the bedroom at night because they'd been eliminating in the living room. So, now I'm locking everyone in the sunroom when I leave for the day and guess what? The boys are still peeing/marking in the house. I've been cleaning ever puddle I find with Simple Green, waiting for that to dry and then putting enzyme odor remover down.

Here's the big question, has anyone ever used the UC/blacklight thing and does it work? I don't want to go spend $20 and not have any results.

Missing Hiro, Tank, and Tractor

Guest isntitgreyt

I would put belly bands on the boys! I have used a blacklight before for cat pee and yes it did work. I had a small one so I had to crawl on the floor but it worked. Thankfully I don't have that problem anymore but if I did, I would buy a bigger blacklight!

Are they going on carpet? Wood? Vinyl?

I myself use a powdered urine remover from "Planet Urine" (www.planeturine.com).

They explain very well how pouring liquid onto a liquid stain really just spreads the urine further, and deeper in the case of carpet. The powder absorbs liquid and you vacuum it up.

I got their monster kit which came with a black light. Be warned! It finds more than just urine, but I was HORRIFIED to see how far I had spread urine with my old method of clean up (back when I first got George, he peed a LAKE on my carpet. It was so bad it, the smell brought tears to my eyes).

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck