Possible To Pull Out Stitches?

Is it possible for the pups to pull out a stitch after being neutered? I know Uno wouldn't leave that area alone earlier this week and when I went to take out his stitches, I got one out. The other one had a scab over it, so I picked that off gently and don't see a stitch. He was neutered almost 2 weeks ago on Monday. It doesn't look inflamed or anything, I'm just not seeing the second stitch. Thanks!

ETA I put triple antibiotic cream on that area after taking out the stitch and picking at the scab, so I'm currently watching to make sure he doesn't lick that off.

Edited by kolarik1

greytalk signature 2020.jpg

Marble, Noah, Eden, Raya (red heeler), Cooper & Trooper (naughty kittens)

Missing my bridge angels: Pop, Zelda, Mousey & Carmel

Should be OK. Sometimes they fall out on their own after the swelling goes down. Just keep an eye on it.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Uno has a home visit today, so I am trying to make sure the stitches are out. I'll have someone else double check before we arrive at the home visit...this family met him last Sunday and fell in love with him.

greytalk signature 2020.jpg

Marble, Noah, Eden, Raya (red heeler), Cooper & Trooper (naughty kittens)

Missing my bridge angels: Pop, Zelda, Mousey & Carmel

Yes, they certainly can get them out.

Most vets these days use dissolvable (purple color in my experience) on the boy, but sometimes they don't dissolve. Over the years the little foldable fingernail clippers have been my best friend for removing stitches. If it's been 2 weeks I wouldn't worry a bit.

gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg