True Chews

Guest EddiesMom

Guest EddiesMom

Found a new treat at the area Theisens' (Midwestern chain of Farm & Home stores) not long ago. It's called True Chews, available in chicken fillets, bully sticks, and pig ears. All products are made in Independence, IA, and the chicken is sourced from human grade ingredients. One of the cashiers remarked that when she had seen this product at market, they were handing the chicken fillets out for their customers to nibble on!

The hounds here love them, and I'm pleased to be feeding them an Iowa made product, instead of sending my treat money to China.

Cool, Independence is about 30 miles from my house! We don't have a Theisens in my city, alas, nor do they seem to be sold elsewhere -- so in effect they're not selling them in the nearest larger city to where they're made, which is odd.

Edited by PrairieProf

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad

Guest EddiesMom

There's a store locator on their website: http://www.truechews.com/default.aspx

I noticed there are only two stores selling them in Des Moines, and one's a vet clinic. The other is where I buy my cat food. Hopefully, they're starting out small and growing. It does seem a little odd that they're not sold in CF/Waterloo, tho.

Edited by EddiesMom

Yeah, I checked the locator - Vinton's the closest, and I ain't goin' there for dog treats. But thanks for the heads-up, I'll keep my eye out for them. (And nice to meet another Iowa resident on GT!)

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad

Guest EddiesMom

Yeah, I checked the locator - Vinton's the closest, and I ain't goin' there for dog treats. But thanks for the heads-up, I'll keep my eye out for them. (And nice to meet another Iowa resident on GT!)

That's still a stretch.

Nice to visit with you, PP! I'm a bit southwest of you, and work with Heartland.

They carry them at the Theisen's in Dewitt, IA...which is about 20 miles away. Maybe I'll run up there this weekend and check them out!

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

They carry them at the Theisen's in Dewitt, IA...which is about 20 miles away. Maybe I'll run up there this weekend and check them out!

Your hounds will love you! One thing I do is to cut the fillets in half with kitchen shears. They're awfully big for a treat.

You! Out of the gene pool!

I picked up some of the chicken breast treats over the weekend. My dogs love them and wow they smell good enough to eat. You know how a lot of pig ears and other chewy type things have kind of an icky smell? These chicken breast things smell GREAT! All paws up for these, I highly recommend them, although I can't say that they last too long as far as chewing for dental healthy goes. But they do enjoy them and that's what counts! :)

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--