Vitamin B Complex

sarabz

I'm traveling and dh just called me with the news that Bella got into a bottle of b-complex vitamins (b12, b6, etc). He's calling ASPCA poison and E-vet.

I'm really scared and beating myself up that she was able to get to the vitamins.

I'm sure with the wealth of experience someone else's grey has been through this.... And been fine, right? Right?

Thanks GT

Dave (GLS DeviousDavid) - 6/27/18
Gracie (AMF Saying Grace) - 10/21/12
Bella (KT Britta) - 4/29/05 to 2/13/20

Ok, now that I've calmed down and heard back from DH...

Apparently nothing in the vitamins worried the person he spoke to at poison control except the iron. The most she would have had would have been about 70 mg, but she did throw up and isn't showing distress. Looks like she's going to be ok.

At least I did one smart think- printed all Bella-related emergency numbers on a printable magnet (available at office supply stores) and stuck it on the fridge.

Just an FYI - B-Vits are water soluable and will make for some pretty colored urine in the morning-- harmless, don't be alarmed!!

LOL - I've noticed that with me! Freaked me out a little the first time! :lol

Guest GreysAndMoreGreys

Glad that someone else mentioned about the odd color urine that more then likely will happen :lol

Most of the time with extra B vit, you just pee them away :)

Glad all is going to be OK and great idea on those emergency numbers on a magnet. I'll have to look into that

Guest felicity

Sorry you went through that! Don't beat yourself up - we went through the same thing with Lancer recently. Luckily he was more interested in the bottle itself than the contents (apparently the tablets didn't smell like food). The good thing is Bella and Lancer are both OK, and all pill bottles will hopefully be stored safely out of paw reach from now on!