Can You Help Me With My Experiment?

Bevd

Chase is snoozing next to me. 9 breaths in a minute. We monitor his heart rate because of his heart condition and his heart rate is super low as well. He's just a mellow dog (well, when he's not beating me up to let him out or feed him :lol ).

9 :eek:lol Wow!

The lowest we have recorded Darcys was this morning and it was 13. Most of the time though it's 40+. When they monitored her every hour in the hospital, it was usually 55-60. But there is definately no fluid present in Darcys lungs, so we have to work out what is the 'norm' for her, so that we know if there is a problem. I'm monitoring her every two hours during the day at the mo :rolleyes:

I just checked Rufus, who now is sleeping on the couch near me. Also 9 breaths per minute. Evidently the stress level is very low around here. At least for the dogs, anyway. :lol

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Guest Hannah

Holly

25kg (according to the vet too big to be medium but not big enough to be large :blink: )

8 and a half ish - a few weeks older than Darcy

resting but not asleep 18 breaths per minute

deep sleep is very scary 1 (big) breath every 20 or so seconds, just long enough apart for me to be convinced she has stopped breathing altogether

tried to take her heart rate but I can't hear it when I listen to her chest - too much breakfast digestion noises - and she won't stay still long enough for me to take her pulse :rolleyes:

Guest caiteag

Choo Choo - age 7 - 13 breaths per minute (awake, at rest)

Ty - age 5 - 15 breaths per minute (awake, at rest)

Show - age 7 - 10 breaths per minute (awake, at rest)

No probs Bev...

Queenie as you know is a lurcher mix 3/4 deerhound x 1/4 greyhound she's around 4.5 yrs old weighing approx 68 lbs.

I counted 18 breaths per minute while she was resting on her side.....

Hope this helps.

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

Guest LindsaySF

Rogan - 65 lbs - nearly 3 years old - 19 breaths/min (laying down, awake)

Teagan - 74 lbs - 6 years old - 11 breaths/min (sleeping)

Honey (Lurcher) - 57 lbs - 4 years old? - 13 breaths/min (sleeping)

Sophie - 75 lbs - 4 years old - 16 breaths/min (was asleep until she felt me staring at her :lol)

I can do some active counts later if you think it would help.

Active counts would be good too :)

And now I'm moving into heart rates as well (resting to start with please) :D Please just say whether you are giving a resting breathing or resting heart rate report (although I suspect that even I will be able to tell the difference... LOL) Or maybe not :unsure:lol

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Brooke - while sleeping 8 breaths/minute

I checked it 3 times. Of course she's just 4 years old and still runs a lot, so I chalk it up to age and athleticism.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

I checked Jamey a few times over the weekend and when resting he had 13-14 breaths per minute. He's a 15 month osteo survivor.

Tin and Michael and Lucas, Picasso, Hero, Oasis, Galina, Neizan, Enzo, Salvo and Noor the Galgos.
Remembering Bridge Angel Greyhounds: Tosca, Jamey, Master, Diego, and Ambi; plus Angel Galgos Jules, Marco and Baltasar.

Guest LindsaySF

Here are some more active counts.

Rogan - 72 breaths/min (Just did a zoomie in the yard, then came inside, panting)

Rogan - 28 breaths/min (5 minutes after coming inside from above zoomie, Laying down, No longer panting)

Honey (Lurcher) - 18 breaths/min (After walking around the kitchen)

Guest Tenderhearts

Erm...Bev? Although I'd love to humor you and participate, I just got done moving my 22 year old back home, which puts me up to 6 dogs in the household, one of whom has been very naughty and will have to have the vet look at her tum-tum incision from this week's spay tomorrow. I'd give you my current breathing rate, which would make Darcy's look downright sloooooooow. :blink::lol

Erm...Bev? Although I'd love to humor you and participate, I just got done moving my 22 year old back home, which puts me up to 6 dogs in the household, one of whom has been very naughty and will have to have the vet look at her tum-tum incision from this week's spay tomorrow. I'd give you my current breathing rate, which would make Darcy's look downright sloooooooow. :blink::lol

:rofl

(If I took my own on most days, it would make Darcys look positively tortoise-like) :lol

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

75lb male resting- 19 breaths/minute (currently on medication for Dilated Cardiomyopathy )

Ooooh how long ago was he diagnosed and what medication is he taking?