Early Am Peeing In House

Guest brbr

My big boy, almost 100 lbs, seven years old has been with us for 18 months or so. On occassion we would have a wet spot on the carpet. The last few weeks, it seems to be every morning that we wake up to wet carpet. Nothing has changed in the household..... they all go out between 9:30-10:00 for bedtime potty and a biscuit. DH gets up (for work) and lets them out between 2-3 every morning. I am up by 7. Between the 3 -7 time period, he pees on the carpet. I am positive it is the big boy.....none of the girls have ever had wet diapers when we tried them. The boy kicks like a bronce when you put a belly band on him and will soak through as many poise pads as you are using as soon as you put it on him. Carpet has been cleaned with Fresh and Clean, vinegar and professionally, but he still pees within a certain area. HELP!!!!!! sad.gif He was checked, no infections.

This may sound crazy,but my male Dalmatian peed the same spot night after night.Tested 2X for UTI . I am alone so I leashed him to me,pulled his bed up to mine and when he got up,I got up..... WE all peed in the back yard.This went on for about a week. (this was a suggestion from Cesar) No worse than having a newborn! Also I hate to say maybe "crate" time

If he hasn't had bloodwork recently, I would get that done and repeat urinalysis to make sure no health problem. If he has free reign of the house at night and early morning, I would change that and put him in the bedroom with you; I usually don't keep water in the room overnight unless it's miserably hot or someone is ill and needs it. When he goes out, make sure to watch that he's doing more than a token squirt. If all that fails, worth tracking household water consumption to see if he or someone else is tanking up before you go to bed. Good luck!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

If this is NEW, you need to go back to the vet.

Believe me, I know your frustration, having been through the "but he doesn't test positive for a UTI" routine.

There are other medical causes for inappropriate unrination.

Particularly if he's peeing in that kind of volume. Something is amiss, your vet needs to look harder!

Good luck!

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Guest PawPrint

Zowie had a hard time NOT pee'ing in her crate for the longest time... After many baths, and many many beddings.. Someone suggested this to me.. She said, monitor the water your dog is drinking. She's probably drinking so much, she has to pee all the time. This made so much since!!! Zowie is a little piggie and will eat and drink literally till she vomits. I had to watch her food intake and feed her accordingly, but I wasn't doing that for her water.

Maybe monitor the water she drinks? Find a good level that keeps her healthy, but doesn't fill her bladder.

ALSO, at night... and when/if you leave during the day. ICE CUBES in the water dish! This helped zowie as well.. she got to crunch on something, and get her water at the same time. Plus it helps keep the pee'ing to a minimum. :)