Female Grey Marking Vs Just Peeing ?

My friend's 8 year old female keeps peeing in the house. She has been checked for a UTI and none found but they did do a course of antibiotics. She continues to pee on the rugs and appears to be marking on the furniture.

She has been in the home for several years after being bounced but definitely is happiest here. She lives with 3 other greys.

Her owner is quick to clean and uses the right products to get urine stains and odors out.

How can you tell the difference between marking and have a UTI?

Other than a routine urine test, would a urine culture do better at finding if this is a medical problem?

My friend bought bad girl panties from a gh merchant but despite correct measurements, they don't fit. What size/brand of disposable diapers might be worth a try?

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Is this new behavior? Has she had complete blood workup too?

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

My girls mark, but outside. They will immediately pee over where one of the other girls has already gone. Is there a possibility that she's marking over where someone else has already gone?

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest greytloves

Marking is not normally a total elimination of the bladder. So, if it is not a large amount I would think marking or covering someone elses marking.

My Sug is a therapy dog and I swear I have to walk him for 30 minutes before we go into the hospital as he has to mark 20 specific bushes! Drives me nuts!

Approach bush - Sniff, sniff, lift leg, squirt, squirt. Next bush, repeat process. :lol

Is she actually squatting to pee? Or is she just leaking when laying down. If it's leakage, that's a whole nother barrel of monkeys.

Nope, not leaking. Definite squat.

This curious, what's the difference in information you get between a urine test and a urine culture?

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Urine test results depend on the skill of the vet clinic's staff in preparing and evaluating the urine. Some folks are more skillful and observant than others ...... For a culture, the urine is sent out to a lab and a sample is put on a culture plate to see if it grows anything. In that case it's harder to miss things altho I'm sure it can be done :lol . Particularly if this is new (or much intensified) behavior, it's probably worth doing a culture. Some vet's offices evidently just use the dipsticks and don't even look at the sediment; some look at the sediment but think a few WBC/RBC/bacteria still means negative, etc.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.