Artemisinin - During Or After Chemo

I have read different positions on whether to start Artemisinin before/during Chemo or to start after. Does anyone know which is the most recommended or does it even matter? The only thing I can think of as a possible problem about doing both at the same time is if the Chemo and/or Artemisinin causes stomach upset, you won't know which it is.

Tks.

Kyle

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

We gave the Artemisinin with the chemo, although Cosmo's cancer spread so quickly she only had one chemo treatment. But our vet said it was fine to administer them concurrently. And neither upset her stomach.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

We were told by OSU and our vets... AFTER only. You don't want any interference with the chemo.

ETA- I found the email i still have from OSU:

"Hi Robin, I will NOT recommend any of the herbal drugs during chemotherapy as we do not know how can they interact.We are familiar with Artemisin but only after finishing standard chemo treatment Hope it helps Sincerely Paulo"

Edited by RobinM

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

As to which causes the stomach upset--would it really matter in the long run? Would you stop either one or instead treat the stomach upset?

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

As far as the chemo goes, yes it does cause them to not want to eat too well after about 24-48 hours after the chemo. They can give you cerenia for that.

the Atemisinin did not cause any nausea for Polli.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

We were told by OSU and our vets... AFTER only. You don't want any interference with the chemo.

ETA- I found the email i still have from OSU:

"Hi Robin, I will NOT recommend any of the herbal drugs during chemotherapy as we do not know how can they interact.We are familiar with Artemisin but only after finishing standard chemo treatment Hope it helps Sincerely Paulo"

I can confirm that Dr. Couto starts the artemisinin AFTER the IV chemo is finished.

Thanks everyone. We will plan the Artemisinin after the Chemo which will be in about 10wks.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.