Sccop-Dog Is At The Vet For His First Dental...

Guest BoyzMom

Guest krohe

Scoop is at the vet for his first dental.

They just called to give a progress report.

After only 1 side done he has to have 4 extractions!!!

My poor baby.

Granted, his mouth was a mess. He was a crate chewer before. So many of his teeth are broken.

I am a wreck waiting for them to call again!

Please send your prayers & white light for Scoop-dog, and for me, too!

:bighug

waiting is the hardest part!

lorinda, mom to the ever revolving door of Foster greyhounds

Always in my heart: Teala (LC Sweet Dream) , Pepton, Darbee-Do (Hey Barb) , Rascal (Abitta Rascal), Power (Beyond the Power), and the miracle boy LAZER (2/21/14), Spirit (Bitter Almonds) 8/14

Guest krohe

8 extractions!!!

My pooooooor baaaaabbbbbyyyyy. :( :( :(

We'll be picking him up after 4 and spoiling him rotten.

Since this is our first experience with a dental any advice is welcome.

Guest Fasave

Good news on Scoop. Having brought home a pup after a dental where he lost 18 teeth, a few things you might want to prepare for. Have towels available to cover sleeping areas. He may still have a little bleeding. Also, my guy was instructed to be on soft food for two weeks. I usually just soak kibble for 20 minutes and blend it but if he's being picky, chicken broth, eggs, pasta, rice and just canned food might be more enticing. Hang in there for the next couple hours and know that he's probably just taking a nice long nap. Keep us updated.

Guest krohe

Good news on Scoop. Having brought home a pup after a dental where he lost 18 teeth, a few things you might want to prepare for. Have towels available to cover sleeping areas. He may still have a little bleeding. Also, my guy was instructed to be on soft food for two weeks. I usually just soak kibble for 20 minutes and blend it but if he's being picky, chicken broth, eggs, pasta, rice and just canned food might be more enticing. Hang in there for the next couple hours and know that he's probably just taking a nice long nap. Keep us updated.

18 teeth! WOW!

Thanks for the advice about the towels! I'm on it.

I've already cooked a pot of rice, "just in case"!

(OK, truthfully, I'm just finding things to keep busy until we can pick him up at 4!)

At least he's a good pill taker, since he'll be on pain meds and antibiotics.

Poor bug, and poor worried momma! Hope he makes a quick, easy recovery! Good for you, for getting him in to get the bad teeth out.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Just had my two done. One was fine, the other didn't want to eat. Ground up meatball and chicken broth helped. Be sure to get antibiotics down...it's important. My old boy had 17 teeth removed last year... A bit sore that night, but back to usual next day.

I got nervous when my latest boy wouldn't eat, but other GT people said they had similar experiences. Once he got brave enough to do the meatball, everything else went down fine. Best wishes!

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Guest BorzoiMom

Please be careful using chicken broth, most have onions in them. Mine says "onion juice concentrate". Onions are toxic I'm sure you know. :)